Getting corporate gigs? Social media may be a key.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Networking is crucial to the success of any business. Word of mouth travels fast and social media thrusts that into hyperdrive. However, I also feel that it can be a double edged sword as well. If one day on Twitter you are portraying yourself as a high class magician entertaining corporate clients but the next day you are dropping f-bombs talking about a coworker...you better believe potential clients are going to see that stuff. Kids don't think about what they are posting while they are in h.s. and college and how it could potentially be the deciding factor on if they get the job of their choice, 3-5 years down the road. The digital bread crumbs are not difficult to find.

Oct 23, 2010
Colorado Springs
What is your priority?

Good article, but Rick is dead on. Word of mouth allows me to get most bookings and better yet, get the price I want with less struggle because of that recommendation from someone. I look at social media like a stage that I am always in a good mood, on my game, staying neutral, etc.

Rick is right, we get mad, but don't post about something that you won't be mad about 3-5 years later, when the money is on the line!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results