Getting easier...

Apr 6, 2010
Ok so it has been nearly 3 months since i started magic and flourishing.

I have used the Trilogy as my main focal point for cardistry, among a few youtube tuorials for basic cuts and such.

I started out learning charlier, revolution etc, as most people do and then progressed onto the easier cuts on the Trilogy.

In the last 2 weeks i have been learning each stage of the Jackson 5. The only one i have not got to yet is sybilism.

In the last few days, i have been focusing on the leno cut and genesis, and can do it but still need (obviously) a tonne of work.

I really havent been practicing anything but the leno cut, and i decided to give some easier cuts that i learned at the start a go, such as Eko, akira, the Werm etc. Obviously they are quite easy, but still, i noticed how much my control had grown just over these tricks, since focusing on the leno cut.

Its quite a satisfying feeling, taking a break from something you are working on and delving back into the first stuff you learnt, to find you can pull them off with such ease.

Bit of a pointless thread, but just wanted to see if anyone else found this a rewarding experience?

Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY
yes, its always rewarding to find something that was once hard, or impossible is now much more manageable. Ive also found that progress can sometimes come in leaps and bounds. I will work on a sleight for a long time, just cant get it perfect. Leave it alone for a few days to a week, come back and BAM! when did that happen? i did it perfect. Progress is always fun. Just dont ever settle and keep working it at it.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results