Getting Started in Sponge Ball Magic

Oct 13, 2007
Hey guys,

I want to begin doing magic with spongeballs (or other sponge products). What do I need to get started? What DVD or book would you recommend and what spongeballs are best? Are other products needed than only spongeballs?

- muhazz

Oct 6, 2007
Hey,

I dont know about the DVD's but the best balls...haha...ok SPONGE balls are the ones by GOSH. "Magic By Gosh". You can get them in different sizes and color at any magic shop near you.

You wont need anything more than SPONGE balls, unless you want the BIG ones, or maybe other shapes.
Hope you enjoy Sponge Balls, and i'll let someone else recommend the DVD.

Nov 12, 2007
Inside Magic by Ellusionist has a section devoted to Spongeballs, and it goes through the basic routine pretty well. But I have also seen several dvds devoted strictly to them on places like Magic Pro Shop. Though the only one I have watched is Inside Magic.

Oct 6, 2007
Inside Magic does have a section for sponge balls.

But if you really want to learn about soponge balls ONLY, then its probably not worth it getting it.

Nov 12, 2007
Inside Magic does have a section for sponge balls.

But if you really want to learn about soponge balls ONLY, then its probably not worth it getting it.

Agreed, though it does go through setting up the performance pretty well, and it is the only DVD I can really speak on when it comes to spongeballs.

Oct 13, 2007
Thanks for the answers guys, but is there no good DVD (a book would be great, too) ONLY about sponge balls?

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando Fl
I haven't gotten the DVD but I saw preview it looked good (I am into cards) but the DVD on PenguinMagic looked good I think it was called Spongeball magic with Jay Noblezada or something like that, and it's a beginner video for spongeball starters

Nov 12, 2007
Magic Pro Shop has a few DVD's which only talk about spongeballs, but I don't own any of them so I can't say how they are...

Nov 18, 2007
NJ
Sponge Ball Magic

L&L publishing has "The Secrets Of Sponge balls" DVD as part of their Worlds greatest Magic series. As mentioned above Penguin has a new Sponge ball DVD that looks good. Other then that you can check out Jay Sankeys Ear Plugs DVD. Hope that Helps.

Oct 13, 2007
THanks for your answers guys, I think I'll buy the DVD from penguin.

But I have another question...what's the standard size of a sponge ball? Or is theren no standard?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results