Gianni's Site is up and running

May 16, 2008
Nice. One question though, what's up with the magicisdead.com website itself (Not Gianni's page)? It links to an image and that's all there is? Or am I missing something.

Dec 17, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
The "Eat the Deck" was very lame. I hope this is a joke...

Yeah.. can someone say "camera advantage?"

Honestly, looking at these UMC (that's the abbreviation, yes?) people, they don't seem to be the "amazingly gifted people" that they apparently are. As someone here regularly says, they all seem to be cheap knock-offs (and I mean really cheap) of Madison.

Kinda lame.

And I still can't get over the fact that he was cutting himself with the little card thing. It's so stupid and so "Magic is soo hXc *black and white* and so am I! *invert*"

Sep 1, 2007
Yeah.. can someone say "camera advantage?"

Honestly, looking at these UMC (that's the abbreviation, yes?) people, they don't seem to be the "amazingly gifted people" that they apparently are. As someone here regularly says, they all seem to be cheap knock-offs (and I mean really cheap) of Madison.

Kinda lame.

And I still can't get over the fact that he was cutting himself with the little card thing. It's so stupid and so "Magic is soo hXc *black and white* and so am I! *invert*"

That someone is me! Agreed, if magic really is dead, its because guys like this using camera advantages!

Sep 1, 2007
Canada
Wow.

This "Magic is Dead" thing really is turning out to be quite pretentious. Just like several of you have said before, there's nothing revolutionary about these performers at all... They're simply Madison clones, with less skill. No offense to Gianni, but I expected more.

Sep 1, 2007
Has anybody seen that Hunger Artist guy's video? Its also filled with camera tricks. d+m, or R3man, I'd love to see your input on the subject of camera tricks.

Dec 17, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
Has anybody seen that Hunger Artist guy's video? Its also filled with camera tricks. d+m, or R3man, I'd love to see your input on the subject of camera tricks.

The Hunger Artist is complete crap, too.

I'd really like to hear Madison explain why these average people were actually chosen.

Dec 4, 2007
www.thrallmind.com
The Hunger Artist is complete crap, too.

I'd really like to hear Madison explain why these average people were actually chosen.

I don't think the UMC was so much for skill (though I still wouldn't judge the members skill until we see more), as much as gathering those who are dedicated. I had read the UMC started with a bunch of people, and over the course of a year, without d+M telling anyone exactly what was going on, he weeded it down to those who you now see on the MAGICisDEAD site.

-ThrallMind

Dec 17, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
I don't think the UMC was so much for skill (though I still wouldn't judge the members skill until we see more), as much as gathering those who are dedicated. I had read the UMC started with a bunch of people, and over the course of a year, without d+M telling anyone exactly what was going on, he weeded it down to those who you now see on the MAGICisDEAD site.

-ThrallMind

But surely, you can't be THAT dedicated if you resort to camera trickery.

Dec 4, 2007
www.thrallmind.com
But surely, you can't be THAT dedicated if you resort to camera trickery.

Remember, d+M is a visual artist. He is also mentoring those in MiD. While it may seem Giannis' color change is camera trickery, it may just be a way for him to advertise himself. And since you see other very obvious camera tricks, he may not even be trying to pull one over on you to begin with.

-ThrallMind

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results