GLITCH B.Smith

Jan 21, 2009
Company Lingo: "Glitch by B. Smith is not a pipe dream move or new sleight, GLITCH is the combination of direct, visual magic, and a downright assault on the senses. If you could really perform magic GLITCH would be your preferred weapon."

Price: $10 pre-order, $15 currently?

Length: 40min

Video Quality: Overall the video had a good quality, for those that are used to Theory11, or Ellusionist Videos you might be disappointed the studio is not as glamorous and the video can be dark in a few areas but I figure cost savings on video production adds up with the value of the effect. Sound quality is good overall, you can hear every tangent B. Smith and JM get off on.

Effect: The effect looks as good in person as it does on the trailer and video, it is entirely impromptu with some suggested assistants that most will have laying around anyways. The angles are a bit tight but nothing a little crowd control can fix and its is easily justified because you audience (3-5ppl max) will want to see this with their own eyes uninterrupted. Even practicing this in a mirror I have to admit if you blink you will miss it and it is quite visual.

Teaching: Again for those used to Ellusionists, Theory11 Videos there is a noticeable production difference here but nevertheless tangents and all B. Smith gets the job done fully and completely. After talking momentarily about his iPhone (?) he goes right into showing and then teaching the basic move in GLITCH. He progresses through the slight nuances that really make the effect even more visual and discusses ways to continually practice. Following the basic move instruction he and JM do a walk through of the angles from the magicians point of view and then again from the spectators point of view (they are tight this effect should only be done for 3-5 ppl). Following the angles B.Smith goes into the handlings for all the variations. He teaches Coin to Key, Transposition, Signed Coin to Shoe (personal favorite) Coin to a Different Coin, Coin Vanish, and a ways to clean up all throughout one including a way to move right into a setup for another trick.

Overall/Conclusion: One thing the DL was missing was live performances and in an email with JM he mentioned that something happened at the studio during release day (which explains why everyone did not get their order until midnight) and they wanted to release the effect so they cut it out. He told me when they get things sorted out that if I wanted he could send me some of that footage and I appreciated that customer service. GLITCH is truly hard hitting, I am still perfecting the method, timing, and movements but cannot wait to use this effect. While it may not be something you intentionally draw a big crowd for it is definitely something that you will want to walk up to a group of unsuspecting strangers and borrow a coin and perform GLITCH and just as quickly leave again or follow up with something else as your crowd draws, One last note and I say this carefully I suppose, you do not need to end dirty in this if you think thats what happens, which is many credits to B. Smiths 5 years of honing the effect. Check it out, it is worth its $15 asking price.

Cheers,
~Jason

GLITCH B Smith

I kinda used the soul reaver code, and max life/magic, but that shouldnt take me to the last boss. I just was looking around and jumping and stuff, and next thing I know, I am fighting this boss. I thought he was the first. Maybe I should start over then?

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
I kinda used the soul reaver code, and max life/magic, but that shouldnt take me to the last boss. I just was looking around and jumping and stuff, and next thing I know, I am fighting this boss. I thought he was the first. Maybe I should start over then?

DUDE!!! what the heck are you taking about?!!!
this is a magic forum not a gamers forum, so stay on topic or maybe you type the wrong window

Nov 8, 2007

You really should stop using drugs.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results