Go To Effect

Nov 10, 2007
Rules:
An effect to grab someones attention
No duplicates gaffs gimmicks or infants.
Under 2 minutes
Patter or music
Editing Not to affect the effect.
Also not an effect seen by everyone like color changes, something different.
Any Takers?

Aug 31, 2007
Canada
I didn't see anything in the request specifying it had to be cards.

Also, magicman1212, your effect was basically pic a card, here's your card, how is that not something "seen by everyone?"

Nov 10, 2007
I didn't see anything in the request specifying it had to be cards.

Also, magicman1212, your effect was basically pic a card, here's your card, how is that not something "seen by everyone?"

WOW your a magician you should appreciate the time I put into it. To the spectator that is not what it is at all. To a specator they pick a card I lose it onto the pack somehow pull it out of thin air. You need to start thinking before you speak:mad:

Aug 31, 2007
Canada
I'm sorry, but AS A MAGICIAN, you need to think before you perform.

A spectator doesn't see the time you put into it. Also, your description, compared to mine, say the same thing with different words.

How many times have you spread a deck of cards only to have a spectator say "I know this one," or "I've seen this one"?

Pulling a card "out of thin air" is still just "finding their card."

The basics of your routine, even in your own words are, they choose a card, it is lost, and you found it.

As far as pic a card, find your card effects go, you REALLY have to be innovative for it to be something not "seen by everyone."

Honestly, a colour change would be something see by far less people.

I"m not saying your effect is bad, just it's not something I would consider to have not been "seen by everyone" in the eyes of an audience.

Then again, something not "seen by everyone" is often not going to be a go to effect. These will generally be proven classics that are eye catching. Then again, what defines not seen by everyone? Many "classics" have not been seen by most audiences, especially not in person. However, nearly everyone has seen someone "find their card."

Still working on that whole 'taking criticism' thing I see.

Aug 31, 2007
Canada
It says it in the battle rules, which is what makes the call since these threads are unofficial.

It's a shame...

Sorry, as I haven't participated in a battle yet, but were said rules posted before he submitted his effect? If they weren't, then all he had to go on was the request here, which did not specify cards.

So, the rules were changed on him.

Of course, if the rules were posted before he submitted his video, then that's different. Still, the request, which is what he accepted, was not specific about that.

Sorry, as I haven't participated in a battle yet, but were said rules posted before he submitted his effect? If they weren't, then all he had to go on was the request here, which did not specify cards.

So, the rules were changed on him.

Of course, if the rules were posted before he submitted his video, then that's different. Still, the request, which is what he accepted, was not specific about that.

You can't accept a battle without reading the rules.

Sep 15, 2007
www.myspace.com
Look the rule thing is dumb in this situation. You all know what he meant by the rules so don't get to technical on it. so everyone has to chill on that aspect of the battle, and just have fun they are both go too effects and both are great.

Look the rule thing is dumb in this situation. You all know what he meant by the rules so don't get to technical on it. so everyone has to chill on that aspect of the battle, and just have fun they are both go too effects and both are great.

Say that to the battle staff not us, we can't do anything about it.

I reported you some while ago and they haven't changed it yet though so it's looking good for you :)

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
WOW your a magician you should appreciate the time I put into it. To the spectator that is not what it is at all. To a specator they pick a card I lose it onto the pack somehow pull it out of thin air. You need to start thinking before you speak:mad:

O gosh!!! magiman.. dude... what we were talking about last battle??? Improve your perfomance man!!! Im losing faith in you...:(

Aug 31, 2007
Canada
O gosh!!! magiman.. dude... what we were talking about last battle??? Improve your perfomance man!!! Im losing faith in you...:(

What he said. No response to this? Not challenging you or anything, just a friendly response would be a good step towards taking criticism.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results