Going to Vegas Tomorrow...

Aug 31, 2007
any suggestions where to go for some magic? I can not go to any shows. Time/$$$ is tight but I would love some ideas of some shops or where there might be some street performances.

Or if Chris Kenner wants to invite me over to his place for dinner or something.........

TheGame

Aug 31, 2007
I am actually staying in the Luxor. I hope to see Criss and if he has time ask for his autograph on a card and then perform an ACR for him with it.

I was also gonna give him a deck of the guardians I just got. Seems like his style of cards.

TheGame

I am actually staying in the Luxor. I hope to see Criss and if he has time ask for his autograph on a card and then perform an ACR for him with it.

I was also gonna give him a deck of the guardians I just got. Seems like his style of cards.

TheGame

you could just buy an autograph ...Seems as though he likes to charge right about $50.00 ..

Have fun in Vegas though ...I know there are quite a few good shops over there... As I recall over on Ellusionist they have a thread with a list of shops....

MAn i want to go to vegas. As for the Criss angel thing, you got nothin on waht i got =p. I talk to his neice and a person that helped with his music all the time and anytime i want to talk to criss they just tell him to hit me up:D

Nevada
Las Vegas - Amazing Clowns
Las Vegas - Gary Darwin
Las Vegas - Denny & Lee Magic Studio
Las Vegas - Houdini's Magic Shop

...All Credit goes to Archeopath from the E forums as this was taken from his post over there...

KatieKenner

that girl who posts videos sometimes / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
www.myspace.com
Most hotels will have a version of "Houdini's." They are fun, but a lot you find will they are really "joke shops" for the tourists. A few miles west of the strip you will find Denny and Lee's. Good people.

That's the info I have.

Have fun in Vegas!!! You never know who you will run into.

KE

Aug 31, 2007
A couple of years ago I was there before I really got into magic. I went to Houdinis. Man, boy did I get suckered. I got D'Lites, Hummingbird card and a 6 disc set of Bros John Hammonds Secret Works. (crap)

So I know to avoid those crap shops. Denny & Lee's Shop sounds cool though.

Thanks Guys. I will let y'all know how things went.

TheGame

Go to Denny and Lee's. It's really a great shop. We have one in Baltimore I try to get to about every other month...luckily, Denny is always at this shop. He's an excellant person to talk to, and really knows a ton about everying.

Denny and Lee's Magic Studio doesn't stock junk. Everything in the shop is good material...and they won't sell you anything that you won't use. Atleast Denny won't. LOL!

Best.
Steve

P.S. www.dennymagic.com :D

Go to Denny and Lee's. It's really a great shop. We have one in Baltimore I try to get to about every other month...luckily, Denny is always at this shop. He's an excellant person to talk to, and really knows a ton about everying.

Denny and Lee's Magic Studio doesn't stock junk. Everything in the shop is good material...and they won't sell you anything that you won't use. Atleast Denny won't. LOL!

Best.
Steve

P.S. www.dennymagic.com :D

I got a chance last month to stop in on the one in baltimore and I have to say , They had more magic books reasonably priced than anywhere I had ever seen... That would be a definite stop for me if I was in Vegas...

Sep 1, 2007
Another recommendation for Denny and Lee's. The guys there are friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. It is not a tourist trap like the shops in the hotels, which were a big let down for me.

If you go to Denny and Lee's, ask Gary to show you his controlled coin toss - it's awesome, and he's probably the best in the world at doing it. He'll also show you his cigarette up the nose trick; you won't need to ask about that.

While you're there, check out Mac King's magic show - its an afternoon thing, its cheap, and it's absolutely top notch.

I'll throw in another recommendation for Denny and Lee's. Always helpful, and not a tourist trap. While you're in Vegas, if you have the extra cash you should attempt to set up a private lesson with Jeff McBride, it'll be one of the best things you ever do for your magic.

Otherwise, just check out the shows, and enjoy it...There's no place like it in the world.

J.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results