Good PK ring?

Ok, I really want to get a good PK ring, and I've seen magnetic rings for $6 online, and I've seen others $40.
Can someone with experience tell me what PK ring they use and what's best for a beginner? Also a book/dvd on PK ring effects would be good.

Thanks,
Evan

Sep 1, 2007
Cleveland, Ohio
Go with http://www.supermagnetman.net/index.php?cPath=48&osCsid=dbd770e59ef4ba927ee182e108453bbd
These are the one that I use and they are great. They only cost $7 and they come in 3 colors and ANY size, you just cant beat that. There is a thread somewhere on the cafe with someone who tested all the popular rings. Supermagnet mans rings came out just as strong as the new G2 Wizard (N40 I believe). Also I ve heard people say how brittle there rings are. I have dropped mine MANY times and never even chipped it, these are quality. As for PK ring material, I know Wizard made a dvd but it didnt get good reviews. Prohibition is a great effect with it, and Randi Rain has a couple effects on dvd. Look her up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
I bought the pk ring and it shatter into pieces when i put it next to my m5 30 bucks down the drain:mad:

Well, there's your mistake.

Sorry.

I have a few rings. The first one I got was a Vortex just as it was a cheap price and was basically being sold to get rid of it. It broke the first time it fell over a foot.

This made me pretty cautious with my subsequent rings. However, after accidentally dropping my SMM and Blacks magic rings a few times from over a meter and onto hard surfaces with no noticeable damage, I eased up a bit on the caution.

Recently, as I have extra, I started dropping my SMM ring repeatedly just to see how much it could take.

Took a few drops, but it cracked. Oddly enough it did not split into two, as it only broke in one spot. As such the ring is still usable.

I can spread the break open enough to see that it goes all the way through, but the ring is still one piece.

Not something that usually happens with magnets.

Ok, I really want to get a good PK ring, and I've seen magnetic rings for $6 online, and I've seen others $40.
Can someone with experience tell me what PK ring they use and what's best for a beginner? Also a book/dvd on PK ring effects would be good.

Thanks,
Evan

I have had the Wizard, Black's Magic, and Vortex PK ring. Out of these, the Black's Magic is by far the best, and the Vortex sucks.

The Blacks ring comes in three colors, is very strong, and comes with a lifetime guarantee.

The Wizard is good too, not as good looking.

The Vortex is not strong at all, looks so so, and you cant do anything with it.

-Zodiac-

I have had the Wizard, Black's Magic, and Vortex PK ring. Out of these, the Black's Magic is by far the best, and the Vortex sucks.

The Blacks ring comes in three colors, is very strong, and comes with a lifetime guarantee.

The Wizard is good too, not as good looking.

The Vortex is not strong at all, looks so so, and you cant do anything with it.

-Zodiac-

I just looked and the Black's one looks good.
Does anyone know what this "Minimal replacement fee" is that if you break it they charge? I don't mind like $5 s/h, but if they make you pay $20 or something I'd just buy a new one.
And does anyone have pictures of the silver and nickel rings to compare? And in the description it mentions "Onyx" rings, do those exist?

Thanks,
Evan

Sep 1, 2007
Cleveland, Ohio
I just looked and the Black's one looks good.
Does anyone know what this "Minimal replacement fee" is that if you break it they charge? I don't mind like $5 s/h, but if they make you pay $20 or something I'd just buy a new one.
And does anyone have pictures of the silver and nickel rings to compare? And in the description it mentions "Onyx" rings, do those exist?

Thanks,
Evan
Listen man, you can get a great PK ring for $7. Buying anything else would just be ripping yourself off. Check out Supermagnetman.net

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results