Good stage Trick?

Axe

Apr 3, 2008
Buffalo, NY
I have a big show on stage next friday for my school. There is going to be about 200-500 people there and i need 1 good prop I can make myself. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Alex

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
for the stage criss' levitation has perfect angles.

if you want a full routine that is cheap easy and always works and gets great reactions I would pick up PreThoughts by Banachek.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
I have a big show on stage next friday for my school. There is going to be about 200-500 people there and i need 1 good prop I can make myself. Any suggestions?

You're not only expecting to learn the secret in a week and get the technical aspect down, but in the same week get down the presentation aspect down? Sorry, but it's not going to happen. If you didn't have enough material, you shouldn't have agreed to do the show... or offered to do it. Good luck getting yourself out of this.

Sep 1, 2007
With all due respect to the previous posters, I'm pretty sure a weeks worth of practice on a single effect would pass for some kids in a school.

for the stage criss' levitation has perfect angles.

if you want a full routine that is cheap easy and always works and gets great reactions I would pick up PreThoughts by Banachek.

i agree find at least two good tricks practice them non-stop and just go for it! look good and remember to have fun with it. don't just entertain them, entertain yourself to get involved with your audience, and get comfortable with them.

Last edited by a moderator:
With all due respect to the previous posters, I'm pretty sure a weeks worth of practice on a single effect would pass for some kids in a school.

In some cases, yes.

But not to Build & Constuct, Learn the Method, and Perfect something such as a Stage Illusion.

They are usually quiet large, and will also cost quiet a bit of money to construct.

No way can it be done well.

Sep 1, 2007
Yeah, metamorphosis is relatively simple when you get right down to it. It can be accomplished in a week, and the props are very simple. You just have to make sure you have the right misdirection down, but other than that, you should be OK.

Sep 1, 2007
In some cases, yes.

But not to Build & Constuct, Learn the Method, and Perfect something such as a Stage Illusion.

They are usually quiet large, and will also cost quiet a bit of money to construct.

No way can it be done well.

Yeah I didn't realize he had to build it. My bad.

Do tap dancing instead.

Here is the way I see it.

He has said yes to performing at an event, he is clearly not ready for.

Within 5 Days he expects to:
  • Find an effect (Stage Magic) he likes.
  • Find out where to buy blue prints for the effect.
  • Buy the blue prints.
  • Wait for the magic shop to send the blue prints.
  • Wait to receive the blue prints via mail.
  • Read the blue prints, understand them, and work out materials needed.
  • Buy and find these materials.
  • Construct the prop.
  • Test the prop.
  • Perfect his act, work out a script and practice the effect and script.
  • Get a friend to help with the act, and understand everything he knows relating to the effect.
  • Get the prop to his school and find a place to store it.
  • Perform the effect WITHOUT FAULT.
All within (Less) then 5 Days.

Maybe we sound 'harsh' but we are being completely honest and fair.

I performed at the Adelaide Fringe Festival and that took 4 Solid Months of practice and perfection (and construction.)

It is not possible, within his time frame.

Sorry man.

Nov 30, 2007
With all the disrespect in this thread, I think it should be closed and if you actually want to give him advice then PM him.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results