Graphic - Matthew Mello .:Review:.

Nov 16, 2008
In the not to distant future
Graphic - Matthew Mello

Approximate runtime 20 minutes.
Instant download.
Purchase this effect at http://www.thementalplayground.com/

The Effect A deck memorization, with no complicated stacks whatsoever.
The deck is shuffled and split into 2 separate piles. The performer asks the spectator to deal down their stack of cards, while the performer spreads his pack. Using the cards dealt as a timer, the performer only has so long to memorize the pack. The deck is then handed to a spectator as the performer turns his back to them. Instantly, the performer is able to name every card in order. There is also a special kicker ending, which I will not spoil for now.

See the preview Here

The download This contains live performances of the effect, teaching and handling.

The Teaching Matt is a great teacher, and goes through everything in detail. He offers many points that will make this effect easier.

The Method The method is extremely clever, to say the least. Personally, I can see myself using this in the future as it is quite practical. It will take a little work, but the outcome is great.

There is a release contest, details can be found here in this newsletter.

I hope you enjoy this effect.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 16, 2008
In the not to distant future
This effect is GREAT. It's such a deceptive technique, truly hidden in plain sight. I'll post a proper review later on, but this is something Matt shared with me a few months ago. Absolutely KILLER.

D.

Yes, definitely an excellent effect. I think the best part is, is that is a fully thought out trick. Not your here's a basic method, play around with it kind of trick.

jonraiker

vp of development
Team member
Aug 5, 2007
Florida
instagram.com
I was fortunate enough to witness Graphic (and the methodology behind it). Pure freakin' genius.

Matthew is definitely a creator we all should keep our eyes on.

Sep 20, 2008
Note that it doesnt state whether the magician shuffles or the spec shuffles. Major difference there.

I'll wait for further details.

Sep 1, 2007
Graphic is now available.

See the full trailer Here

More Details

"Graphic is a realistic memory plot that plays as real ability, the devious nature of the effect is hidden in plain site, I love this."
-Andrew Gerard

"A phenomenal idea - What I've come to expect from Matt's work. This is unique, practical and with the method hidden in plain sight, it's the perfect deception"
--Dee Christopher

Aug 31, 2007
First off, I'd like to thank those who have enjoyed this effect. It's a great way to accomplish a classic effect.

A couple things you should know about this effect. It doesn't used marked cards, it isn't a memorized stack, there are no printed up crib sheets. There is basically NO WAY to be caught with this method. Once you know it you can do it with any deck of cards. Just some simple practice and you'll be on you way to performing a very realistic and thought out memory routine.

Matt Mello

Sep 20, 2008
Tempting. Ive recently come across a string of dissapointments. Not sure if i want to part money with this.

Aug 31, 2007
Sinful,

Feel free to wait for more reviews then make your decision. If you own any of my previous mental material then you'll know that I only release things that are practical and working. Everything I've released are things that I have performed and perfected for years...ie Technique...Instinct. If you do decide to get it I would love to hear your thoughts on it.

Matt Mello

Oct 17, 2007
Aussie NSW
Ahh I remember Learning this along while back i really love this and perform it all the time i remember performing it for some of the decksterity guys.

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
Does this effect use marked cards? If not I will buy it right now.

First off, I'd like to thank those who have enjoyed this effect. It's a great way to accomplish a classic effect.

A couple things you should know about this effect. It doesn't used marked cards, it isn't a memorized stack, there are no printed up crib sheets. There is basically NO WAY to be caught with this method. Once you know it you can do it with any deck of cards. Just some simple practice and you'll be on you way to performing a very realistic and thought out memory routine.

Matt Mello

-If that answers your question.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results