Great magicians we should definitely see

Aug 15, 2017
So...I wanted to ask if you guys have suggestions for some great magicians who have their PERFORMANCES on You Tube. I'd prefer good quality videos, but no discrimination on the basis of camera and video editing skills.

I just wanted to check out and get familiar with the work of some greats in the magic industry and not only list the likes of Blaine, Angel, Dynamo, Copperfield or P&T, etc when I think abt magicians.
So I'd love to hear from you guys about which magicians YOU feel I should definitely check out and satisfy my visual needs.
It is definitely a bonus if those greats have posted videos on YT consisting of TIPS (not tutorials, kinda like Shin Lim's videos, where he tells tips, not secrets...)...
So pls go ahead and recommend people and videos and I will check out all of them. Because tbh, the magicians' whom I follow a lot...there style is becoming a bit bland to me, so I want variation.
:D

Reactions: obrienmagic
Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
I have heard Mac King is amazing, and from what I've seen (only a few clips here and there, hope to go watch him live some day), he is definitely up there. His style is amazingly funny while still entertaining and magical.

trapeze

Elite Member
Jul 28, 2016
USA
I have heard Mac King is amazing, and from what I've seen (only a few clips here and there, hope to go watch him live some day), he is definitely up there. His style is amazingly funny while still entertaining and magical.
I saw Mac King in Vegas probably eight years back. It was a very small and intimate venue so you can sit pretty darn close and see everything. Great performer, very funny. He had a couple of small books for sale after the show and of course I bought them. I would see him again anytime...guess I need to go to Vegas again.

Aug 6, 2017
Bill Malone is absolutely a must see. He is so funny and also a great magician. Look up Bill Malone performance on youtube and a ton come up!

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Eugene Burger's Gypsy Thread is frustratingly good. I've never been able to put it in my show because I can't get his presentation out of my head, so I can't think of anything original.

Oh, and watch all of Ricky Jay and his 52 Assistants. I am not sure on the legality of it being on YT, but I know you can find it and I think every magician should strive to be as good as he is.

This is in German, so if you don't speak German you'll have to read the subtitles: Adam Weiss, Tribute to Krabat -

Yann Frisch, Cups and Balls -
- Story telling without words

Lennart Green, card magic -
- skill and character on display

Kyle Eschen -
- Note that while he basically dictates the adventure of the props, he does it in such a way that pokes fun at typical magicians, and also pokes fun in a humorous way at the awkward teenage phase most of us went through.

Piff the Magic Dragon has some good ones, but I have to start working so I don't have time to locate my favorite video of his.

Reactions: Maaz Hasan
Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
Eugene Burger's Gypsy Thread is frustratingly good. I've never been able to put it in my show because I can't get his presentation out of my head, so I can't think of anything original.

Oh, and watch all of Ricky Jay and his 52 Assistants. I am not sure on the legality of it being on YT, but I know you can find it and I think every magician should strive to be as good as he is.

This is in German, so if you don't speak German you'll have to read the subtitles: Adam Weiss, Tribute to Krabat -

Yann Frisch, Cups and Balls -
- Story telling without words

Lennart Green, card magic -
- skill and character on display

Kyle Eschen -
- Note that while he basically dictates the adventure of the props, he does it in such a way that pokes fun at typical magicians, and also pokes fun in a humorous way at the awkward teenage phase most of us went through.

Piff the Magic Dragon has some good ones, but I have to start working so I don't have time to locate my favorite video of his.
I love Kyle Eschen's performances. It's almost like you forget that it's a magic show because of how funny I find his stuff and then he blows your mind.

Aug 15, 2017
ikr?
I already saw Mac King in scam school and loved him...
But after SO MANY of you (@Maaz Hasan , @ZackF , @trapeze ) mentioned him again and again, I checked out more of his videos, particularly the Fool Us ones, and I absolutely loved it!
He is srsly one of the (if not THE best) best comedy-magicians I have seen till now!

Reactions: Maaz Hasan
Aug 15, 2017
David Roth FOR SURE!!! I love David Roth... (link:
)

Tommy Wonder's this performance (link...
)

Ricky Jay (link
)
Thanks!!! I had only heard Roth's name when learning sleights, so to see him in action was a treat!
You just need to look at this guy once to know he's an expert.

Aug 15, 2017
Two of my favorite videos on here are actually stage performances haha which is funny because I do 0 stage magic. But enjoy anyway! :)

Pilou

Jeff McBride

The statue one was DOPE!
I mean, admittedly, it was a bit creepy too...fine, at the beginning it was quite a bit creepy.
But that just added to the fun of the whole illusion. That's Jeff McBride you say?

obrienmagic

Elite Member
Nov 4, 2014
Orange County, Ca
www.obrienmagic.com
The statue one was DOPE!
I mean, admittedly, it was a bit creepy too...fine, at the beginning it was quite a bit creepy.
But that just added to the fun of the whole illusion. That's Jeff McBride you say?
Yes sir! I am fortunate enough that i have made friends with him. He is a really great guy and one of the greatest and most influential magicians alive today!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results