Green Tycoons

Jan 14, 2018
Philadelphia, PA
I just received my Green Tycoons and I wanted to give my first reaction to it.

The cards have the quality of the high-quality stock and finish expected by theory11 decks, though mine arrived with a few flaws (some of the cards were a little bit split at the corners but it's fine). It was only in one deck. The back design is the standard Tycoon design with a special secret ;). I don't want to give too much away, but I found it at 9:30. The pips are mostly standard with a few alterations and the face cards are flesh colored, which give it a unique look. It also comes in some sort of stack which I assume can be put into Mnemonica somehow, but since I haven't actually bothered to memorize Mnemonica yet (shocker, I know but I have a mathematical stack I use instead which no spectator ever catches), I have no idea how. I tried faro shuffling it once, but it still doesn't go into Mnemonica so someone has to let me know how.

The tuckbox is absolutely gorgeous and it suits the cards very well.

Overall rating: 9.5/10. It's a fantastic, simple yet elegant design and the secret on the design of the cards, while not too novel or groundbreaking, is useful and can be seen from a decent distance (though I have 20/20 vision so maybe not for everyone). It's nice to see Theory11 print a deck like this with special features geared towards magic and I really hope they put out more decks like this.

Lyle Borders

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.theory11.com
It also comes in some sort of stack

Mnemonica, but cut so that the Ace of Spades is on the front like a normal deck. Means that if you know Mnemonica you can pull this deck right out of the cello and do miracles. All Tycoon decks are this way.

The little secret exclusively in the Green Tycoons just makes these decks all the more powerful.

// L

Zeede

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2018
Great review!

I don't know why, but the flesh coloring on the court cards is what has put me off from owning any of the Tycoons. *shrug* different strokes.

Reactions: CWhite

Zeede

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2018
Yep, I'm familiar with the Fourniers.

Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with the cards, it's just not my taste.

Nov 17, 2018
Mnemonica, but cut so that the Ace of Spades is on the front like a normal deck. Means that if you know Mnemonica you can pull this deck right out of the cello and do miracles. All Tycoon decks are this way.

The little secret exclusively in the Green Tycoons just makes these decks all the more powerful.

// L

Once again great cards! The secret is a Theory11 first?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results