Gregory Wilson In Action Vol. 1,2, and 3

Sep 1, 2007
Gregory Wilson In Action

Vol.1

The DVD

The Official Spam-
Gregory Wilson In Action!

FREE HAND-SIGNED POSTER WHEN YOU BUY THE 3-VOLUME SET FROM L&L.
Each poster is individually hand-signed by Gregory Wilson. Very limited quantities.

Greg is a two-time FISM award-winner with a number of best-selling instructional videos on the market. What you're about to experience is a wide array of hard-hitting routines directly from his professional repertoire. Segments of these DVDs are encore routines re-filmed from some of his best work over the last ten years. These are the definitive versions. Other segments are previously published material from the select pages of books, magazines and lecture notes that have never been on video. And the last segment is his closely guarded material that is being revealed for the very first time. They could have been titled “Gregory's Latest and Greatest.”

Teaching-Gregory Wilson is a great teacher and gives great advice on all the effects included on the DVD.
He does not how ever go into detail on each move.
That being said I only reccomend this DVD if you have a fair amount of knowledge on card sleights.
Some of the moves you will need to know are the Elmsley count and the DL.

Format-
Nothing fancy,just the average format.

The Menu-
The main menu has the following options:

Peformances and Explanation:
Basically its the scene selection.
It lists the different......
You guessed it,performances and explanations.
Just a quicker way to get to a specific effect on the DVD.

This Includes:

Weighted Aces - Greg's logically routined version of Doc Daley's Last Trick. Since it happens in the spectator's hand, it has the impact of sponge balls! Completely impromptu.
This is a great quick trick to do with the four aces.
Easy to do and requires only one slight.

Jumping Gemini - Gregory Wilsons take on a famous effect.
Cards change from fours to tens to kings in the most starteling way.Requires set-up but set-up can be done infront of the spectators.
One of my favorites.
This is one I do all the time.

Pitch & Ditch - Toss any coin and it morphs into another coin in mid-air. Requires a quick set-up that'll take only about 2 seconds.
Also very easy to do but I havent performed this yet for anybody.

Coin in Watch - A coin repeatedly vanishes from the magicians to his watch and then finally appears on the spectators watch.Requires set-up. I Never tried this on anyone but it is also easy to do.

Band Thru Wrist - A rubber band penetrates a spectators wrist in the fairest way possible.Completely impromtu.
This is also a great little quicky.Gets great reactions.

Fistful of Dollars - A visual prodution and vanish of 3 coins.
Requires an expanded shell.Once again,never done it.It's pretty simple to do but requires a bit of practice.

Body Piercing - A coin penetrates your hand and then the spectator's hand in a very surprising way. You have to experience this “first hand!”
Completely impromtu.Didn't perform this for anyone yet either.Very simple to do though.

Reset with a Hook - Gregory Wilson's take on a classic effect with a twist at the end.Completely impromptu.Easy to do,get great reactions.

Box Spring - The four aces are placed in different parts of the deck and the cards are placed into the box.The four aces are then one by one penetrate the box in the most visual manner.Completely impromptu.
Very simple,requires some practice.Gets really good reactions.

Card to Pocket - A selected card vanishes from the deck to your pocket.
The card then magically penetrated throught your pants and ends up in the pocket again.The deck then vanishes from your hand leaving only their card as a finally.Completely impromptu.Requires practice,Gets excellent reactions.

The Tell - A peeked card with a compelling "poker tell" presentation. Completely impromptu.This is pretty easy to do.I've only done this a couple times for people and got pretty good reactions.

The Backstage Pass - This has been Greg's secret weapon for fooling the very best magicians all over the world. No flash. No noise. No detection.
Easier than the normal pass but still requires practice,great pass to use.

Hundy 500 (performance only)

Closing Credits-
Just a humourus little clip followed by the actual ending credits.

Clips from other L&L DVD's-
Exactly what it says.Just a series of clips from other L&L DVD's.

Listings of other L&L DVD's
Just a list of the other DVD's produced by L&L Publishing.

Contact Us-

Lists all of L&L's contacts information.

Play-
Play's whole DVD for beggining to end.

Reccomendation-
This Is a great DVD and you will use a lot of this material.

Overall-
This is probably one of gregory wilsons best DVD's yet.
10/10

Gregory Wilson In Action Vol.2

The Official Spam
These discs are JAM-PACKED with engaging and entertaining gems. No fluff. No filler. No fodder. Almost six hours of freak-out footage!

With snow-capped mountains and plush pine trees as the new L&L backdrop, you'll see people laughing, screaming, losing their breath and simply staring into space from pure astonishment—and that's just from the striking lake view. Greg's magic isn't so bad either. Some of the bonus footage was shot in studio but most of it was filmed outside for real people around the spectacularly stunning Lake Tahoe area. It looks and feels like a street magic TV special. In other words, Gregory Wilson IN ACTION!

The DVD-

The Teaching:
Gregory Wilson is a great teacher and goes into great detail.
The only problem is that he doesnt teach the slights used in some of the tricks so I wouldn't reccomend this to a total begginer.
Then again there are some easy ones in the DVD that with enough practice just about anyone can do.

Extra Features:

Vernon's boat trick-
In the freezing winter waters of Lake Tahoe.Well worth watching.Wilson almost ge'ts hypothermia!

The Effects:
Alot lot of these effects are for the working restaurant performer.
Other than that the most of the other tricks requires a stockholder which I don't have so therefore I dont use these tricks.theres only about 2 other effects that can be done just about anywhere.Out of those I only perform 1.So I guess what I'm trying to say is I dont reccomend this Dvd unless you do a lot of restaurant work or own the stockholder and want more ideas on how to use It.

Taught:

KISSING UP -
If you must resort to using magic to meet women, this is it! Admittedly, Greg has used this successfully and shamelessly for many years.
Never used It but seems like a good trick.

VANISH 5000 -
The contents of a sugar packet cleanly and cleverly vanish without a trace--- and without a thumbtip! the author of Magic for Dummies praises this as the very best trick in his book!
I have done this for a couple family members at a restauant and it got great reactions.

OFF BASE -
A broken and restored wine glass. Perfect for restaurant workers.
Never done this before but like Gregory said if your a restaurant worker than this trick is worth the prick of the DVD alone.

FLAT-OUT MONTE -
Greg's five-phase 3 Card Monte routine he's been using for over 20 years and chose to debut at the latest MAGIC Live! convention.
This is the only effect from this DVD I use.
I use this one all the time.
A great 3 card monte routine.

HEAD TRIP-
The classic sydini's paperballs over the head for the restaurant performer.
Never performed it,but it looks like a lot of fun.

COIN THRU TABLE/ CREDIT CARD THRU TABLE -
Just as the title says.Also, for the restaurant performer.
to me this isn' that great of trick but then again this is for the retaurant performer so I have not tried this on anyone yet.

COIN FROM HEAD-
A classic. (that's all im going to say about that one)
Only used this once,got a great reaction though.

MULTI-COLOUR PEN-
Writing myteriously changes colour on a signed buisness card.Uses a stockholder.
Once again never used it.

BLIND DATE-
A written down year of a coin changes on signed buisnes card.Uses a stockholder.
Nver have done this one either.

LEARNER'S PERMIT TO THRILL-
A borrowed Buisness card dissapears and appears in you pocket.
Have not done it for anyone.The method doesnt look that convincing to me though.

DISHONEST ABE-
A penny grows to a medium sized penny to a jumbo sized penny.
I used to perform this all the time untill I lost the trick.Got amazing reactions though.

Performance Only:

STICKS AND STONES-
An interesting routine using one stick one stone and a very special box.

RECAP-A fun impromptu routine with a pen.
This routine is published in the art of astonishment series vol.3 (I think).
I do this one all the time,great reations.

Overall-
If your work restauraunts than this DVD is for you.
If not its still a great DVD.

Vol.3 is on a seperate thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results