Gripping -- Jones Change

This has probably been brought up before, but I'm sort of rushed...

I'm having trouble with the jones change. It isn't the control, it's the grip. The cards keep slipping out off my fingers when I try to do the spin flourish. Also, when I'm doing the change, my middle finger doesn't have the needed "intertia".

Help? Please reply ASAP.

Thanks!

All the best,
sky_lark

This has probably been brought up before, but I'm sort of rushed...

I'm having trouble with the jones change. It isn't the control, it's the grip. The cards keep slipping out off my fingers when I try to do the spin flourish. Also, when I'm doing the change, my middle finger doesn't have the needed "intertia".

Help? Please reply ASAP.

Thanks!

All the best,
sky_lark
Try to follow every instruction carefully

listen to dave

u shouldn't have a problem

good luck

When doing the spin flourish, apply a bit of pressure on the double to make it bow (bend). Basically, slightly pinch the double.

And don't apply a lot of pressure with your index finger or it will knock the cards right out of your grip. The index finger should not be pushing on the double; it should simply be revolving it.

It's really very easy. Like goodtechs said, just listen to Dave's teaching and it should really come very easy to you. You shouldn't be having trouble with this, and if you are, you're doing something wrong. Also re-watch the teaching of it a couple of times and try to mimic his actions exactly.

Sep 1, 2007
Amsterdam
everyone has different hand, some stuff might be trivial to some while difficult for another, it is dumb to assume someone must be doing something wrong when they are having difficulties with one of the moves.

There are 2 work around with this "lack of inertia" problem

#1, do a wrist turn at the same time u rotate the double. by adding the rotational force of the hand u can swing the double to the position without using any fingers at all.

#2, use ring finger instead of middle finger, for some their middle finger end up in an unnatural position when pinching the card with index and thumb like that.

If u insist on doing things exactly like DnD and unable to tolerate any variation that u could apply to make things work for you then ignore #2.

Erik

cardistry moderator / t11
Aug 31, 2007
Sweden
www.virtualerik.com
Like with most spin flourishes, before you get used to it, it will slip off. Tornado Cut is a flourish that comes to mind with the same issue. Not everybody have it, but I did.

Unfortunately the only advice to give is keep at it, you'll get it eventually.

-Erik

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results