Groove Electric Switch By Doc Docherty

Oct 17, 2007
Aussie NSW
This move has been talked about quite a bit lately and i havent seen many reviews and a few iffy people. So hopefully you guys enjoy the review and maybe end up picking up the download or his book if you havent already.

Groove Electric Switch
By
Doc Docherty

Price $10

Where At?
www.vanishingincmagic.com
http://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic-downloads/card-magic-downloads/groove-electric-switch/

What They Say This revolutionary new sleight by underground card expert Doc Docherty will fit right into your repertoire. It's a switch of a card that is outjogged from a fan that is so fooling and so useful that even the best card technicians are raving about it. We give several applications, but know that you'll find dozens of your own too.

As a bonus, we're also including Doc's breathtakingly visual Zoso Change. It's the kind of move that other magic shops would charge you $15 or more to download. With Vanishing Inc. it comes included with the Groove Electric Switch to create a collection of amazing, versatile card magic.

"I watched the video half a dozen times and I still did not have a clue. I was totally fooled." -Allan Ackerman

"Groove Electric combines a clean mechanical action with an optical swindle, and the result is something beautiful to behold" -David Regal

Thoughts So lets see the total running time is about 18 mins and 30 seconds which seems to be more than enough time to teach the move and some tricks and applications.
Now the explaination isnt to different from 'Cards Remain The Same' where the move is also explained though he runs through the actual fanning of the cards a bit more which helped mine a nice amount.
The move will take practice and can be quite knacky but as seen it can be completely invisible and fly by laymen and magicians alike.

Teaching In the 18 minutes the move is run through thoroughly and well the nuances and the knacks of the move are explained aswell as things you shouldnt do while practicing the move, which is also included in a Clog Post 'Here' Which helps alot with not rushing the practice and getting every little bit of the move down.

Though obviously the tips he gives can be applied to many moves and tricks.

What Will You Learn? I dont know why are you asking me?...... Oh right im doing the review. Continuing on:p
The Groove Electric Switch
The Groove Electric Colour Change
The DASSUP
Controlling The Cards
Simple Sandwhich
Groovin Hofzniser
The Zoso Change

So you can see there is a nice amount that is included and there are various steals after the move and such very well done.

Applications
Now i think this is where most people are rethinking not getting this. What will you use it for? Well step back think about all the routines that use switches from the deck. Think about if you want to use a visual colour change. Switches for sandwich routines. Hofznisers Ace Plot.

There are alot of possibilities for this move. Even if you are just a move monkey this is alot of fun to practice and you will even start fooling yourself.

Quality The quality was great. It was filmed outside so abit of outside noise but in no way changes or lessens the learning experience.

Another Great Product From Vanishing Inc hope to see more from Doc and his funky little moves:D

Tom

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
I personally do not like the move, for many reasons it is too knacky for what it achieves. It is kind of illogical for you to fan the cards only to close the fan and use 'their' card. The switched out card ends in a (in my opinion) stupid position.

It is kind of nice for a colour change however there are better looking easier colour changes out there that end cleaner. The Zoso Change is pretty but nothing I would personally uses.

This is such a great, great sleight. Well done to Doc on that one. I came up with a version a long time ago. And trust me that is no brag, it was pretty nasty looking using only half the deck.. couldn't get the cards in the right position. I must admit it will take some time getting this down, I'm still working on it. But is well worth it as you can see from Vanishing inc trailer.

May 3, 2008
Hong Kong
I like the creativity of this sleight.
Its unique.
But i would never use it in real life...
it looks illogical and knacky. And if you do it with people burning you, im pretty sure you will flash.

May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
Would it be possible to use this move as a force? You fan the cards, they tap one and you upjog it, switch it and hand it to them? Because this would cancel out the discrepancy of having to put the card back in the deck only to take it out, and would make a nice force if possible.

Oct 17, 2007
Aussie NSW
Would it be possible to use this move as a force? You fan the cards, they tap one and you upjog it, switch it and hand it to them? Because this would cancel out the discrepancy of having to put the card back in the deck only to take it out, and would make a nice force if possible.

Of course! The move could definitely be used as a force along with multiple other ideas.:D

Tom

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results