Groupies

Apr 26, 2009
hi guys,

i started reading some posts, after a long abscence, and it seems some people say bad things about products or certain theory11 higher-ups. it seems like people come to the "rescue" of the artists and the other higher-ups whenever someone decides to say negative things about their work. This really upsets me. These "groupies" pick out the tiny little loopholes that people say and do not listen to actual facts or opinions people say. They only agree with their idols, and don't respect other peoples opinions. How do you guys feeel about this?

Apr 5, 2009
Illinois
hi guys,

i started reading some posts, after a long abscence, and it seems some people say bad things about products or certain theory11 higher-ups. it seems like people come to the "rescue" of the artists and the other higher-ups whenever someone decides to say negative things about their work. This really upsets me. These "groupies" pick out the tiny little loopholes that people say and do not listen to actual facts or opinions people say. They only agree with their idols, and don't respect other peoples opinions. How do you guys feeel about this?

it happens, but for the most part, many of the so called 'idols' are right. and quite frequently they know what their talking about.

I frankly don't like you calling me a groupie for one. Two, I'll defend anyone artist, T11 staffer, or otherwise if I feel they're right. I think your going to start something you won't be able to finish with this thread. I see trouble on the horizon.

EDIT: Clarification.

You do not identify anyone in specific by your post there for it is assumed that you are addressing the community at large. Since I am a member of this community, by default I assume you are speaking about/ to me. Hence why I take offense.

Last edited by a moderator:

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
I'll leave this thread open for now but I don't see any positive coming out if this. It is just going to start a heated debate which then results in the below the belt shots and name calling...ha ha. We will see how this goes. The minute it gets ugly it will be closed.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
hi guys,

Without examples I'm not sure what you're referring to, but (at least in my case) it's about respecting the knowledge and experience of established performers, and also about accuracy of information. If someone says something that's patently incorrect, I don't like to leave that out there. However, I try to make it clear (with references) that my corrections are coming from established sources and not just hearsay. If I'm not sure about something, I'll make sure I say that I'm not sure.

It's easy for one to think they know everything when they've been doing this for a while, and some times that person is wrong. Unfortunately being wrong doesn't stop some people from acting like they are god's gift to magic.

Do doctors have groupies? Do mechanics have groupies? Do physicists have gropies? This is a forum with people of many different skill levels. It is only common sense to defer to the better judgement of experts. If a doctor tells me that I have such and such, I am not going to listen to aunt Polly who read a home health manual and disagrees. Magic is both highly technical and an art. Artists have groupies, yes. However, the context you are using the word 'groupies' in is wrong - most questions of concern on this forum are technical. As the result, your use of the term is too derogatory and dismissive to take seriously, and nobody will offer you a serious argument that considers your side.

May 23, 2010
Singapore
Ehh , I'm sure you don't wanna mess around with William Draven haha.I'd rather mess around with smelling the beautiful scent of burning Jerry's Nuggets in the fire.

Jul 13, 2009
hi guys,

i started reading some posts, after a long abscence, and it seems some people say bad things about products or certain theory11 higher-ups. it seems like people come to the "rescue" of the artists and the other higher-ups whenever someone decides to say negative things about their work. This really upsets me. These "groupies" pick out the tiny little loopholes that people say and do not listen to actual facts or opinions people say. They only agree with their idols, and don't respect other peoples opinions. How do you guys feel about this?

I have no feelings nor emotion. *beams himself back up to the Starship*

But seriously, I have no idea what you are talking about. I have noticed that there has been some bashing of the site in the past but seriously that is possibly the only groupie kind of activity I have noticed. To be quite honest, many of the "negative" that people say aren't loopholed ridden at all, they are just wrong or coming from the inexperienced. Just my thoughts.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results