Grown Apart - Flourishing Video

Sep 20, 2008
Before you watch it, i'd just like to say that this is like my first montage (or whatever you want to call it) for flourishing. took me about 10 minutes to film, and 4 days to Edit and whatnot. (my Video editting skills suck ass.)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=TVpzv0hTAQA

Feedback appreciated- i already know my Pandora Opening/crabshack needs work. actually the whole bloody thing works! but any other comments are appreciated

Sep 1, 2007
well good to see you posting a vid. I liked the short combos (well, lack of edits)

to me it seems you really need to work on linkage. rather than doing a move, nervously squaring and riffling a couple times, then doing another move, learn a deck twirl or two and move your body to present the flourishes from different angles.

also that riffle-up-the-whole-back-of-the-deck method of getting a break for your double/triples is REALLY bad, it takes forever and is supersuspicious handling, I would try to learn a new break method.

Sep 20, 2008
That's cool. ive never been called out on it, but i usually twirl my doubles anyways, but that isnt the point. getting the break needs improvement as you said, i'll bear that in mind.

For arguments sake, that was a triple lift, and my hands are too small to execute three pushovers to get a break. :<

but Cheers, muchly appreciated!

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
For arguments sake, that was a triple lift, and my hands are too small to execute three pushovers to get a break. :<
\!

To start, there are no excuses. :)

Pretty good, the whole feel of the video was nice. Decent variety for a first video, most of the ones that say 'first video' have like 3 cuts over and over.

Everything is there. You have the moves. The same thing everyone says ( and will tell me when I post my first video) smoothness. It wasn't horrible, but needs work on a lot of the cuts.

Overall though, it was good. Maybe a bit long...maybe the slower music made it seem longer. Gj though.

-Rik

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results