Guardian Cards

I was at Books-A-Million, and I seen they had guardian cards, I bought them.
But theres Spanish underneath all English words.
Why is this? I know there translations, and I hope I am not being picky, but I dint know theory11 put translation on cards, I dint see them in the pictures online.
Also, when I flip through them (Like you would for a marked deck)
I see two changes in the paturn, on the top, and bottoms. Both the same.
Why is this? I looked, and I dint see anything that it marked.
At first, I thought it might mark red from the black (Which would have been cool for cosmos)
But it doesn't. Is this a normal deck of guardians, a fake, or what?

Jun 13, 2008
Tacoma, WA
I was at Books-A-Million, and I seen they had guardian cards, I bought them.
But theres Spanish underneath all English words.
Why is this? I know there translations, and I hope I am not being picky, but I dint know theory11 put translation on cards, I dint see them in the pictures online.
Also, when I flip through them (Like you would for a marked deck)
I see two changes in the paturn, on the top, and bottoms. Both the same.
Why is this? I looked, and I dint see anything that it marked.
At first, I thought it might mark red from the black (Which would have been cool for cosmos)
But it doesn't. Is this a normal deck of guardians, a fake, or what?

It's the mass produced guardians deck that USPCC (specifically Bicycle) released. Not fake, but also not T11 (except for the art)

on a side note, the Guardians are the only T11 deck that have been mass produced like that

Jan 13, 2008
There have been quite a few topics on this in the past...

They are T11's Guardians, except they aren't printed "in house" (I use the term loosely here, since T11 doesn't actually print them, but they directly observe the printing of them (i.e., quality control)) by T11, they are mass produced by the USPCC, so they don't have the same quality control as the T11 cards do.

Also, the alternate languages printed on the box is dependent on what region they're printed for. In Canada, ours has both English and French on the box (as required by Canadian law).

Jan 13, 2008
I looked through the cards, and the only thing I noticed about anything being "marked" is that the background seems kind of like a one-way design. It's noticeable on the tops (and obviously bottoms, if you have cards that are upside down), and on the sides--it has to do with the little gray squares/whatever that are in the background. However, it's the same on every card, like a one-way deck marking scheme. I don't notice anything that would distinguish two cards from each other in the way that you mention, though.

Jun 2, 2008
wow it seems it is a one-way-deck :p

its not noticable and could be usfull for a trick but it is hard to notice without riffling through the deck

Jun 13, 2008
Tacoma, WA
Wow, I've never noticed that the Guardians are a on way deck until just now, and I've been using Guardians for quite a while, too. I might have to utilize that sometime in the future.

Are any of the other T11 cards one way?

edit: ok, after some careful observing, i found that all the T11 decks are one way. So much to take in all at once...hehe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 13, 2008
Tacoma, WA
Woohoo I discovered something!
You could use this to just find someones card.
Thats about all I know, or turn all the aces around. and just pick them out, but people would know there marked, I dont know...

They would not know they were marked, because they aren't technically marked. And they wouldn't know what to look for anyway. I've had people inspect my deck to check if it was marked and never found anything. Just don't make it obvious you are looking for the difference in design.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results