Guardians 2nd Edition?

Vastago

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
Mexico
Is someone up to a review for the second edition of this loveable cards??

I would like to know whats different before buying more.

Sep 1, 2007
dunno if anyones got them yet, I just ordered mine as soon as I could and they only shipped yesterday. but they should be about the same look, just less of a "nutty professor" quality to them. And yes I mean THE KLUMPS.

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
I've got them in hand now, and I can say for certain that if you've touched a first edition, you'll notice an immediate, substantial, and positive difference in the handling, finish, feel-- everything. I've been using the same deck since last Thursday, everyday, in 95% humidity Charleston, SC. They feel flawless. I spoke to Raiker and Dana Hocking over the weekend, and both said the same thing: "they feel amazing."

I also played with them in Vegas with the Bucks, and they noticed the immediate difference as well-- they also liked the darker shade of black used on the cards-- makes them more vivid.

Enjoy.

Aug 31, 2007
California
dunno if anyones got them yet, I just ordered mine as soon as I could and they only shipped yesterday. but they should be about the same look, just less of a "nutty professor" quality to them. And yes I mean THE KLUMPS.

hahahaha gooooood one :D i'm still waiting for a review until i order mine. if these don't work out....well 3's a charm :]

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
There is a TINY, minute difference on the box that will allow you to distinguish the 2nd Edition from the first, but no major, glaring changes on the box.

Sep 2, 2007
I've got them in hand now, and I can say for certain that if you've touched a first edition, you'll notice an immediate, substantial, and positive difference in the handling, finish, feel-- everything. I've been using the same deck since last Thursday, everyday, in 95% humidity Charleston, SC. They feel flawless. I spoke to Raiker and Dana Hocking over the weekend, and both said the same thing: "they feel amazing."

I also played with them in Vegas with the Bucks, and they noticed the immediate difference as well-- they also liked the darker shade of black used on the cards-- makes them more vivid.

Enjoy.

No offense, dude, but this is kind of like Brad Christian writing a review for the Shadow Masters.

Sep 25, 2007
well i WAS gonna buy 2 packs to try them... went through the whole process, but the stupid sites checkout section is so poorly made I just gave up with frustration. I would go through and fill it out then it said it failed due to no shipping option checked... but it never gave me an option! 3 times I tried... screw it I quit. Keep the cards. Man that was a pain.

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Street,

We pride ourselves on honestly at every level. If I had any grievances about the decks, I would have stated them explicitly in my post. I have none. I love 'em. Our crew and our artists are our own best critics on this site, and nothing means more to us than feedback-- direct, honest, and in good faith.

We went through hell with the new Guardians to make them as high quality as imaginable. We spent hours and hours working directly alongside the Director of R&D at US Playing Card. We had them run laboratory test after test, and we involved every artist on our team to give us their honest feedback on over 17 prototypes before reaching the final. It's been a long and grueling process, but we were dead set on setting the bar high when we began to develop the 2nd Editions. And the result-- we love. I love.

But I understand talk is cheap, so I sent you one of the decks that was on my desk so you can feel them and fan them and see what you think. Enjoy, and let me know what you think.

Sep 1, 2007
sounds like a personal problem.

i'm for one excited to see how the new finishes work out. I am pretty open in my beliefs of the negative aspects of t11 but I do like the fact that they're putting resources into making these cards. the last guardians are on REALLY good stock and they are excellent for practicing one-hand perfect shuffles. but they clumped like mofos, if the 2nd edition is any better at all, i'll welcome them.

Sep 25, 2007
Street,

We pride ourselves on honestly at every level. If I had any grievances about the decks, I would have stated them explicitly in my post. I have none. I love 'em. Our crew and our artists are our own best critics on this site, and nothing means more to us than feedback-- direct, honest, and in good faith.

We went through hell with the new Guardians to make them as high quality as imaginable. We spent hours and hours working directly alongside the Director of R&D at US Playing Card. We had them run laboratory test after test, and we involved every artist on our team to give us their honest feedback on over 17 prototypes before reaching the final. It's been a long and grueling process, but we were dead set on setting the bar high when we began to develop the 2nd Editions. And the result-- we love. I love.

But I understand talk is cheap, so I sent you one of the decks that was on my desk so you can feel them and fan them and see what you think. Enjoy, and let me know what you think.

Well thats not fair to the rest of us is it? lol My question is, why didn't you take all the work you guys did with this deck the FIRST time? You made lofty statements about a product and it pooped out... thats ok, it happens. But don't be the slightest surprised when people (after spending money on bricks the first time) WAIT until there is a review from someone that isn't getting a pay check from the company/supplier. Products EARN trust... they don't demand it. In fact after reading this I'm glad my order didn't go through 10 minutes ago. Ya'll just lost 4 decks now... my 3 and the one on your desk. Proof is in the pudding right? we shall see. You might want to look into your check out section... its buggy.

Sep 2, 2007
Street,

Wow. I was kind of joking, dude. I guess I need to be more blatant with my sarcasm. I really didn't mean that as anything other than a quip. . . thanks, though. I really appreciate your generous response to my somewhat rude comment, and I'll definitely be sure to put up a review once I receive the cards and play with them for a while. I hope you'll accept an apology on my part. . . I didn't mean for that to sound the way it did.

Sep 2, 2007
Well thats not fair to the rest of us is it? lol My question is, why didn't you take all the work you guys did with this deck the FIRST time? You made lofty statements about a product and it pooped out... thats ok, it happens. But don't be the slightest surprised when people (after spending money on bricks the first time) WAIT until there is a review from someone that isn't getting a pay check from the company/supplier. Products EARN trust... they don't demand it. In fact after reading this I'm glad my order didn't go through 10 minutes ago. Ya'll just lost 4 decks now... my 3 and the one on your desk. Proof is in the pudding right? we shall see. You might want to look into your check out section... its buggy.

Wow. Just a touch uncalled for? Maybe? I mean, I'm sure they're fully aware of the problems with the first deck (God knows how many people posted about them). It sounds like they really tried to release a quality product this time around, so give them a chance. I haven't ordered anything but downloads from them yet, but I've never run into any problems with checkout. Maybe the issue is at your end?

And Mr. Bayme sent me the cards as an act of kindness in return for a comment that was really a little rude and uncalled for. If that's not good customer service, I don't know what is. [sarcasm]And don't go being nasty just to try to snag a deck of cards![/sarcasm]

Sep 1, 2007
hey i just got them and they pretty much live up to the hype so far. i like these cards. i hated the last edition.

Sep 1, 2007
I also hated the last edition of them. Just got them in the mail an hour ago. I'm LOVING the darker backs. The one thing that immediately jumped out at me was how PERFECTLY cut they are. I riffled down the corner of the deck and the printing lines up perfectly all the way down. Regular bikes look like a flip book they jump around so much.

These fan better out of the box than any deck I've felt thus far in my short career as a magician.

The difference of the boxes is so miniscule....that I can't tell what it is. I have a 1st ed box and a 2nd ed box next to each other and they look the same to me. Could someone tell me what it is?

Loving these cards so far :) I'll write a better review after I've handled them more

Sep 4, 2007
Kansas City
They feel like a regular deck of bikes to me. Very slick out of the box, very nice looking indeed. I didn't care much for the first edition except the matte finishing on the back made DL a dream. :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results