Guardians: Why I need 3 decks and Why we need two colors

Hello fellow T11ers,

I purchased 3 decks of Guardians already and just wanted to share why I believe 3 decks are necessary for me, but also to make a request for the T11 Staff.

Why 3 decks?

I use 2 decks to perform with and 1 deck to supplement the 2.

I use the supplement deck to provide dupes for the 2 working decks. I also use the supplement deck to replace any signed cards from the 2 working decks.

I hope that makes sense, but I was wondering if any others out there do the same thing I do. I immediately place at least one dupe in each deck.

Now for the request I would like to make:

Are we going to see another color variation of the Guardian Deck?

The reason I ask is simple. Some tricks require a card/s of an opposite color and some tricks work great with two different color decks at the same time.

I would like to see a white version of the Guardian deck or at least an inverted version. Then I would purchase 6 at a time. 3 black and 3 white.

What do you guys think?

Sep 1, 2007
San Diego
Hello fellow T11ers,

I purchased 3 decks of Guardians already and just wanted to share why I believe 3 decks are necessary for me, but also to make a request for the T11 Staff.

Why 3 decks?

I use the supplement deck to provide dupes for the 2 working decks. I also use the supplement deck to replace any signed cards from the 2 working decks.

I hope that makes sense, but I was wondering if any others out there do the same thing I do. I immediately place at least one dupe in each deck.

The reason I ask is simple. Some tricks require a card/s of an opposite color and some tricks work great with two different color decks at the same time.

I would like to see a white version of the Guardian deck or at least an inverted version. Then I would purchase 6 at a time. 3 black and 3 white.

What do you guys think?

ver well said, nice essay

ya know that the deck is name after me right???

Aug 31, 2007
Hello fellow T11ers,

Why 3 decks?

What do you guys think?

I do the same thing..... I think the inverted Idea would be great but
I am not sure how the faces would come out.

Sep 1, 2007
I wouldn't buy them unless they were in red and blue.

Beyond that, has anyone forgotten the lessons Glen taught us way back about "gaffed-looking cards"?

Sep 1, 2007
Canada
I bought three decks as well, but I'm going to put one in a shadow box and hang it on my wall. That way I can look at it when Theory 11 is huge, and say "I bougt that deck of cards the first night they where released."

Sep 1, 2007
Canada
I don't think that would be a good idea. It'll just throw T11 in with all of the other shops who have done the same thing.

Sep 1, 2007
Oh man this is really starting to SOUND like E's forums. At least I get to say stuff like shut the hell up to you. How about you let them release full on magic DVDs and effects.

As a side note, I better not be paying 30 dollars for one trick ever again.

As a side note, I never did. I could find it on the internet if I wanted to (maybe if they didn't charge 30 dollars people wouldn't be so upset and put it on the net to ruin their business?).

As a side note, I don't watch magic tutorials by anyone under... 12.

J/K guys come on! I wouldn't want to learn most of the crappy effects on the net anyways!

Sep 1, 2007
i would really actually like to see a guardian in silver or gold. im reallyy liking the black but a metallic colour would look great as well. too bad i havent bought any yet....i dont have a credit card...just gotta wait and see if theory11 will get paypal too:D

Aug 31, 2007
England
I hope they never make an inverted version, the deck is perfect how it is, the fact the kept it white is the best feature about it

Vinnie C.

cardistry moderator / t11
Aug 31, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I, personally, don't like black-backed cards, I prefer colors like red and blue, and I think the Guardians would be good in these colors as well. :)

-Vince

i don;t need a gaffed deck, i do card splitting and make my own but a second color for a red blue type of double backers would be sweet, although a guardianback/ red back card might work just as well.

Sep 1, 2007
Calgary
I do agree that the inverted cards would look nice, but after a while the parts of the cards that are black start fading and turn white. I've posted about this somewhere earlier but its the one thing that makes me go up the wall. an idea would be to print on a black stock if possible.

at first I was a little skeptical when I saw the Guardian deck because it reminded me of the BLACK TIGER when it was FIRST released, and man I remember buying those and showing them to someone and they WOULD NOT BELIEVE ME that they were a normal deck of cards...

But now more and more people are seeing these DIFFERENT COLOR decks...(green, red, inverted, purple, yellow, pink... ect...) So if I show them, let them touch them and look through it, they realized its just something they haven't seen before and the GUARD goes down.

I would like to say that I ALSO usually put dups in my decks as well, I HAVE 3 that I use (they shall remain nameless in case I should ever make a name for myself) but I ALWAYS have to buy at least two decks everytime, and with the guardians I just purchased 1 because I want to see how it looks and feels first. THEN I'll go for more if I really enjoy them and get a good response from 'working' it...

my two cents....

Sep 1, 2007
Los Angeles, California
3 isn't enough for me. I need at least a dozen per deck for magic and flourishing.
I could imagine the Guardian deck to be red and blue but it will look ugly... if it was white, then that would be just another Ghost copy and we might get some suing going on between E and T11...

Hey guys,

This is my first post here, so hey. A lot of people may know me from other magic sites, I sure recognize a lot of names!

Anyway, in response to the original post:

I photoshop cards for fun, and edit them and play around with the colors. Your idea inspired me to play around with the Guardian card design, and see what I could do.

This first image, is a plain white reverse of the guardian deck. It's really bright, so it is hard to see:
http://s216.photobucket.com/albums/cc211/customcards192/?action=view&current=g1.png

The second one looks more like the Guardian. It is still a reverse, but I sharpened it considerably:
http://s216.photobucket.com/albums/cc211/customcards192/?action=view&current=g2.png

The last one, is not a reverse at all. It is just a result of me playing around with the guardian's colors:
http://s216.photobucket.com/albums/cc211/customcards192/?action=view&current=g3.png

Enjoy!

-Zodiac-

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results