Guerilla Guide To Loops

Aug 2, 2008
the LBC
daniel garcia has som good stuff in like hair if u are into mentalism then u will love it

and also life its the one were the bill transforms into a butter fly i like it

also there is static which is very good card levitation

hope this helps

Aug 25, 2008
Iowa
www.youtube.com
well that depends. what do you want?
someone mentioned Justin Miller-Mostly Cards
Danny G-More Miscellaneous
Kranzo- A little of both

I think Danny's is the best personally, but if your focusing more on cards then go for the Miller one.

baller08

Banned
Sep 21, 2008
It depends on where you are with your loops skill. If you can only buy one and not sure how to use your loops, I definitely recommend Nathan Kranzo. He teaches you how to manage your loops so you get the most out of it, plus some cool effects that are easy to execute.

I think all 3 are really good DVDs but there is so much if you get all 3 that it's difficult to decide which 2 or 3 to master. Get Kranzo's and perfect the use of loops as much as you can so that when you're slipping it on and off you look natural.

May 4, 2009
I just bought all three used. I had been considering ordering these for a while, but I was a little turned off because they didn't offer them as a set any more. On ellusionist website it says $50 for all three, but then says the set is discontinued.

Vol 2 with Daniel Garcia is awesome. He has the same philosophy with loops that I had been thinking to myself before I watched it. You should only do small movements and don't levitate anything for too long.

There is also the famous Life, which seems to be the most popular and talked about trick on the three volume set. Daniel Garcia teaches this one on vol. 2

The trick appears to be based on the haunted bill concept, but it's not. It's ingenious and you can IMMEDIATELY hand the actual folded bill to the spectator for inspection.

Having said all that. I thought vol #1 was a joke. It teaches 4 or 5 tricks. Two of which are the tricks that come on the piece of paper when you buy a pack of loops. The other tricks are just minor stuff. Walk over to your kitchen counter with a loop right and you can start creating equal or better illusions on your own.

The so-called advice about lighting and handling loops is I think about 1 minute long and he pretty much just states the obvious. Read some threads about loops on any magic forum and you will get much more extensive advice for free.

If I had paid full price for vol. 1 I would have been really mad.

Vol. 3 I like. But overall, Vol. 2 is my favorite because it has the most diverse range of tricks.

May 4, 2009
It depends on where you are with your loops skill. If you can only buy one and not sure how to use your loops, I definitely recommend Nathan Kranzo. He teaches you how to manage your loops so you get the most out of it, plus some cool effects that are easy to execute.

I think all 3 are really good DVDs but there is so much if you get all 3 that it's difficult to decide which 2 or 3 to master. Get Kranzo's and perfect the use of loops as much as you can so that when you're slipping it on and off you look natural.

If you can do the haunted deck and you can walk around your moving small objects, I don't think you will find vol. 1 useful.

Sep 2, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
I've Miller's Volume and my only critique is his choice of cards: E's Vipers. Love the deck for flourishing but the thick stock with the black ink makes for damn heavy cards to use with loops.

He had to pull the loops so tight, that when the cards finally moved they moved jerkily, not smoothly nor mysteriously, and often moved so obviously along with his hands, it tips off the method, making the effects not come across as magical. I was quite dissapointed with the purchase initially because none of the performance clips inspired me to take said effect and perform it in front of people. ie. waste of money... Took me 8 months before I gave it another shot

Keep that in mind when learning the effects and watching the DVD. The effects work and look great using regular bikes. He just uses black cards to better hide the loops... If you do decide to use Vipers in your routines, try not stacking too many cards above the "moving card" so it moves easily and smoothly. Experiment.

Jan 13, 2008
Hmm...I actually found them all just about equally good. I picked up some informational tidbits and some effects from each DVD. If I had to choose...I'd say hold out and save up for all of them; they're worth it, in my opinion.

Note that the set was my introduction to loop work...and I found it to be a great introduction. :)

Edit: I think the most value came from seeing the three different views on loops. Having three different perspectives from some of the best loop-using magicians out there--that was truly invaluable. When I said informational tidbits, that's what I was referring to. There's something important to pick up from each of them--it helps in figuring out for yourself how you would like to use loops, as it's obvious there are many takes on how to approach the use of loops. :)

May 4, 2009
I liked Vol. 3, but my criticism would be that it felt like half the DVD was all about Haunted Deck, which we all already know anyway.

The first trick was using haunted deck with a waving aces style card trick. But essential it was just a basic haunted deck.

Then two more slight variations of haunted deck. So out of the I think six tricks, three of them are just haunted deck. All six are card tricks.

Vol 2 easily blows the other ones way way out of the water. Daniel Garcia does stuff that really takes you by surprise.

Some of the tricks Garcia does not even look like loops tricks. One is a ring vanish and reappear. One is a hardcore mentalism routine. I'm pretty sure Criss Angel did a vary similar routine on an episode of his show. One is life, which you all have probably seen already cause the video of it is everywhere. It looks like a gimmicked bill, only it's 100% examinable.

Garcia also does a haunted deck. Except after seeing four haunted decks that are all basically the same on 1 & 2, Garcia's is the only one that is actually unique. He does a haunted deck that looks like an extremely skillful sleight of hand. It doesn't even look like a loops trick, much less a haunted deck.

Also, I though the advice section with Garcia was more extensive and a lot better than on Vol 1.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results