Halloween is coming...

JoshL8

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2017
WA state USA
It is 56 days until Halloween. That might seem far off for some but for me its all too close because I have so much to do! We usually do a get together at our decorated house, we're keeping it small this year because we recently moved but there will still be friends. We are doing a Hogwarts theme again since its my wife's favorite and we have lots of decorations for that.

Aside from getting my costume together and decorating I was hoping for ideas for some halloween type effects I can start practicing; some quick ones for the trick or treaters when they come to the door and routine for friends who visit. My current ideas are pretty basic and I would like to expand my arsenal. So far I have things like;

• haunted deck x2 effects (rising card/cut deck)
  • a zombie effect that uses cards
  • IT or IET effects
  • I have a really cool skeleton key, but am not really excited about performing the haunted key.

I will have a wand so there can be things that incorporate that as well. Like last year I did torn and restored napkin using a spell from the Harry potter series 'serviette reparo'. I also did a quick change where my shirt changed to a Hogwarts shirt from a regular one and may still do this for trick or treaters at the door. I was thinking of using the IT and IET for giving out candy etc. but would like something maybe a bit gory for the older kids.

Any suggestions for effects would be appreciated. If the suggestions use things I already mentioned that would be nice but I have time to make a small purchase if needed. For example I was thinking of getting spongeball eyes. I hope to make a routine of about 3 or 4 effects as well as quickies for the door.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results