Hand Exercises?

Sep 1, 2007
Amsterdam
actually practising flourishes is the best way to improve overall card handling and finger strength. for example u can get the same result from practising lepaul spread as using a gripmaster.

Oct 14, 2007
Burbank, CA
Handhealth

I checked out the handhealth site and I think that is what I've been looking for. I just feel that I really need to strangthen my hands nad improve their dexterity, so this site looks like just the thing I need, thanks man

Sep 1, 2007
there is also a recently opened forum about this topic, that Greg himself frequents as a subsection on www.superhandz.com you can ask your specific questions there.

one thing, probaby the most important thing, is not to over-practice so that your hand gets tendonitis. it's easy to practice till your hands hurt but it is HARD to stop practicing, sometimes as a beginner you will have to not even touch the cards for several days while your hands recover.

I play guitar, and my finger dexterity has become exceptional because of it. I play metal and that requires many insane off the hizzle riffs. If you have a guitar laying around, pick it up, play some tunes!

If not, I own eXtreme Beginnerz by De'Vo and it teaches many finger and hand exercises.

Mitchell

Sep 10, 2007
Sacramento, CA
All I do is keep practicing my flourishes, cuts, passes, and what-not. It's all about setting your muscle memory, and if you use one of these;
stringsandbeyond_1970_9964535

it will only strengthen the pulling portion of your fingers. Which is good if your grip on a deck sucks.

Aug 31, 2007
It's not something that helps with finger strength of dexterity per se... but if you completely relax your left hand, and then take the thumb with your right fingers and turn it back and forth, and do this with each finger on both hands it helps them to be able to move more freely (I do this before I start practicing the piano, or go to a lesson or recital/competition... I actually started doing it because I saw a guy from the Van Cliburn International Piano Competition doing it on the way to one of his performances there on a documentary about it). Anyway... grip the finger right at the end, so the point is sort of to make your finger turn at BOTH joints. It really loosens them up. Just do it about 5 or 10 minutes before you start practicing

(not sure if that's the sort of advice you were looking for... I find it also helps me in doing some things with flourishes and stuff too though)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results