Happy New Year + Holiday Contest Conclusion!

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
From all of us, to all of you - Happy New Year! I think I can surely speak on behalf of our whole team when I say THANK YOU for all of your support throughout 2011. From start to finish, we swung for the fences this year, and we couldn't have done ANY of it without you.

I'm not into New Year's Resolutions, but I do think it's important to take time at the end of each year to reflect on the year that passed, and the year ahead. Our team has never worked harder than we did in 2011, and as a direct result of that hard work, and your support, we made some incredible things happen.

2011 brought 14 new video releases, 11 new playing cards, 51 episodes of The Insider, 10 episodes of Expose, 52 Saturday Night Contests, a groundbreaking partnership with The United States Playing Card Company, and to top it all off: The Wire. In the past 12 weeks since the platform was unveiled, 91 new releases have been published, and over 1,000 artists have active accounts. It wasn't easy. But innovation isn't supposed to be easy. It's supposed to be difficult. It's supposed to be challenging. There were countless late nights, lots of early mornings, and gallons of Starbucks.

I'm immensely proud of the work that our team accomplished in 2011, and I want to thank all of you and everyone on our crew for making it possible: Andrei Jikh, Michael James, Bryant Aucoin, Casey Rudd, Lyle Borders, Jason England, Zach Mueller, Christen Gerhart, Chris Kenner, Dan White, Katie Kenner, Mark Garity, Anand Sharma, and every single artist on The Wire and beyond.

Together, our efforts in 2011 propelled the art far into the future and truly changed the dynamic of how magic is developed and shared. That was our goal since day one, but we are far from finished. In the year ahead, with your support, we have some INCREDIBLE new surprises to unleash. And with all of us working together to make a difference, we can accomplish some remarkable things.

Two of my personal highlights of this past year came to fruition this past month: the first of which being the all new charity: water playing cards, with 100% of the proceeds going directly to charity: water, a non-profit organization providing clean, safe drinking water to people in developing nations. To date, charity: water has completed over $50mm in water projects in 19 countries. 33,000 people die every week from unsafe water, and this organization is making a real difference. With our support, they can help many more people in 2012. That is real magic.

One of my other highlights of 2011, particularly relevant today, is our holiday contest! As of December 31st at 11:59pm (midnight), the contest is now concluded! This year, we raised the bar with 5 insane prizes: a Canon DSLR HD Video Production Kit, an Ultimate Brick of our most rare decks, a Year's Supply of Monarch's, a 50% Discount good for a whole year, and best of all - an all expense paid trip to Las Vegas and backstage pass to meet David Copperfield. It's the opportunity of a lifetime, and one of you reading this is likely to be the the winner. Is it you? Find out at 11:00pm EST on January 1st.

Happy New Year, everyone! All of you continue to inspire us to advance and raise the bar even higher in 2012. Cheers to a phenomenal year ahead!

Oct 23, 2011
Goodluck to those who entered the contest :) and Happy New Year !

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results