Hardest card trick...

You mean sleight of hand wise? Cuzz there are some psychological force things that only work like 1 out of ten times that i would say are very hard. But yea dude. Thats sort of an impossible question to answer. Off the top of my head.... marlo's miracle ace cutting is pretty hard, seeing as estimation is another one of those things that isn't 100%.

Dec 10, 2007
You mean sleight of hand wise? Cuzz there are some psychological force things that only work like 1 out of ten times that i would say are very hard. But yea dude. Thats sort of an impossible question to answer. Off the top of my head.... marlo's miracle ace cutting is pretty hard, seeing as estimation is another one of those things that isn't 100%.

That is one of the simplest tricks... If you can faro shuffle you can get it down in a half hour. I started working on this on Tuesday, and performed it several times on Wednesday, for an entire magic club on Thursday, and have been fooling people with it since.

The estimation is very easy and forgiving if you are comfortable with a deck of cards. It's not like you have to dead cut 4 aces, you only have to get three and those are relatively simple to cut to.

Hardest trick I perform would be Kostya Kimlat's "Culligula"

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
What do you mean by hardest as in the sleights involved or to present correctly.

I can understand that we should all challenge ourselves but being able to do the hardest sleights does not impress laymen. Something like a simple DL is amazing as hell with the right presentation.

For the hardest sleights the material in By Forces Unseen is considered to be some of the the most difficult effects and sleights.

As for presentation somethings like OOTW ACAAN are very hard to give a decent presentation outside of a sub-conscience memory demonstration.

Oct 12, 2009
Navarre, Florida
For the hardest sleights the material in By Forces Unseen is considered to be some of the the most difficult effects and sleights.

I was wondering about that. I ordered it about a week ago after seeing some of the effects on video. The effects seem amazing but I had a feeling they'd take a great deal of work. Not that I'm scurred or anything :)

May 3, 2008
Hong Kong
I hate people who ask this question...
No matter the reason, it just seems like they are asking so they can learn it and feel good.
There are tricks which are hard, but there isn't really one which is hardest... practice is all it takes...
One that I got frustrated working on was Raise Rise. Never got the hang of it, never think I will.

Feb 16, 2009
South Bend, IN
Nobody has mentioned the center deal yet? In terms of sleight of hand, it must be one of the hardest things to do with a deck of cards. Too bad it has limited applications from a magic standpoint. It is a lot of work for a very limited application.

BTW, Marlo's miracle ace cutting is much easier if you do an in the hands faro. You don't need a perfect faro for this effect. That makes life much easier.

I know that some magicians think it is waste of time to learn hard sleights. After all, if a simple control and a DL can give rise to a miracle, why do anything more complicated? The answer is that sometimes certain spectacular effects require advanced sleights which cannot be replaced by simpler ones. I'm reminded of some of Ray Kosby's Venus Flytrap. You can't replicate that effect with easier sleights.

Jul 14, 2008
Well, it's not really the tricks itself, but the sleights that you present yourself. For me, I am still working on the Diagonal Palm Shift to go smoothly, meaning my right hand to be remain motionless (I am left handed, therefore I carry the deck on my right hand. Side steal is another sleight I am working on.

I don't own By Forces Unseen, but I heard that it is very difficult to master, but with practise, it can be accomplished quite easily.

Doesn't matter what it is, anything that you find the most difficult. I'm curious to what people will say.

If you don't like people posting this topic, then don't read it, pretty easy thing to do.

Thanks to those that commented.

Dec 10, 2007
OMG That is like one of the easiest tricks!
HAHA we don't care, what is easy for you may not be for others And I'm sure others think some of your hard ones are easy too, sorry but you sounded really cocky there. :D

sorry if it came off cocky, but if you learned Marlo's trick I think you'd agree. You literally only need to cut between 14 and 21 cards down lol, you practice for an hour and you got it. If you had to dead cut each card from different parts of the deck, I could see that being insanely hard.

I've yet to find someone that finds culligula an easy trick. lol. To each his own i guess.

Jan 10, 2008
In my opinion, Darren Brown's 3 Card Routine is quite difficult to perform and not get caught. You really have to be on top of your game to perform it.

Nov 4, 2009
Raise Rise. The ambitious riser just killed me. I practice it everyday, but I don't think I'm going to get it for a long time. I think I could(as well as many others) could get it down if it was taught a little bit better. It was very vague.

Also, move wise, Aaron Fisher's One Handed Pop Over gets me,too. I learned it from Paper Engine, and it feels really awkward.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Try "The Penetration of Four Cards Through a Jacket". Though it may not have a riveting name, its creator may be more familiar to you - Guy Hollingworth. The sleights aren't difficult, per se... But often you're doing about six different movements all at the same time, it's absolutely ridiculous.

Sep 10, 2008
QLD, AUS
The Trick That Cannot Be Explained or Berglas Effect.

are you reffering to Vernon's Trick that cannot be explained? That's a b!tch of a trick. Still haven't had the balls to try it.
Are you familiar with Juan Tamariz's "Mnemonicosis"? That's a much more workable version if you're not as proficient.

That is one of the simplest tricks... If you can faro shuffle you can get it down in a half hour. I started working on this on Tuesday, and performed it several times on Wednesday, for an entire magic club on Thursday, and have been fooling people with it since.

The estimation is very easy and forgiving if you are comfortable with a deck of cards. It's not like you have to dead cut 4 aces, you only have to get three and those are relatively simple to cut to.

Hardest trick I perform would be Kostya Kimlat's "Culligula"

well i stand corrected, aparantly its easy. My bad.:p Okay its not technically hard but its an unsure thing. When you get to the third ace you have a four card margin to cut to and you can't miss or you just fail.

By the way, i thought i had a cool name but yours made me lol.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
are you reffering to Vernon's Trick that cannot be explained? That's a b!tch of a trick. Still haven't had the balls to try it.
Are you familiar with Juan Tamariz's "Mnemonicosis"? That's a much more workable version if you're not as proficient.

Mnemonicosis is a nice trick, as is Vernon's original.

The only issue I have with it is asking the spec to cut about a quarter of the way down. Why? It seems a bit silly to direct exactly where to cut the deck, even like that, but maybe that's just me.

Although, I would still recommend learning Mnemonicosis for the simple practice of making **** up on the spot, under pressure.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results