Has anyone heard of an effect like this

Nov 16, 2008
In the not to distant future
please tell me if you have heard of a trick like this before. It's a new trick of mine and i want to see if it is original or not.
effect - you shuffle the cards. ask the spectator to name any value of card - Ace to king. nothing funny, no turning over the deck or cutting, all 4 of a kind are on top. they can even turn the cards over. can be repeated as many times as desired with any number.
if you have heard of an effect like this, please tell me or pm me with specifics.

Feb 1, 2009
Manchester, UK.
I've heard of one where the viewer names a number and the 4 cards of said number are the only face up cards. But that's the closest one to yours I've heard :)

Sep 1, 2007
Harry Lorayne, "Any Four of a Kind" published in "My Favourite Card Tricks" in 1965.

Wesley James, "Named Travellers", 1989, begins with this revelation.

Allan Ackerman, the "Ackerman's Opener" routine (circa 1971), concludes with this effect, with the additional kicker of every OTHER four of a kind being found from a deck that has throughout the routine been shuffled many times including a spectator shuffle.

So yes, I have heard of an effect like this one! Notably, all the tricks listed above have very different ways of getting the job done.

Cheers,
David.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results