Have a baby by me, baby be a magician.

JohnShack

Elite Member
Feb 3, 2011
Oklahoma City, OK
Howdy Folks!

So every now and then I get negative comments on my youtube videos, not of the effects although that has happened with one video, but usually the over all content I have heard that it is boring, I do the best I can with what I currently have but I want to do better.

Soo what I am looking for is helpful hints on how in the world to make awesome youtube videos. I'm mainly seeking good sources of Video editing software, and special effects software, and even resources on where to learn how to use all of this stuff either online or is it commen to find in a Library?

My goal is to make a super sweet demo video potential music video style, but I would love it to involve a lot of action and definately something I have to make a project off of.

I'm not sure if it really matters at this point but if you would like to check out my videos my youtube channel is www.youtube.com/JohnShack

Anywho I'm excited to receive your suggestions!

Thanks a ton,
John

Feb 7, 2011
What i do is i record alot of footage, go through it and find good moments, then i apply the music. With videos, the music is almost as important as the magic. Im not the greatest magician on earth, but i like to think i make good videos. Some of which are of magic tricks, some are of me starting out in flourishing, and a few of me sitting at the card table, what im confident of is that i picked the right music for all of them. Watch a few of them, maybe watch them all there aren't many, if you like anything about them ill try and help you do whatever it is. I dont know if i expect you to like them or not, but i think my videos are pretty ok in comparision alot of the youtube nazi's. One thing that i keep in mind when making videos, and you should definately do if you're making a promo video, is that promo videos are made for clients, laymen, it has to be entertaining to them first. I dont know any magicians, ive never seen one perform live and ive never even met one, i make videos for my own entertainment and my friends, none of whom know anything about magic or have an interest in cards, so thats the challenge. Or you could just call your video arthritis onslaught 5, that will get you a few views.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 21, 2011
I agree with everything that Red said. The music is very important. If you would like to have some cool video effects I would suggest getting a 30 day trial of after effects and looking up tutorials online for what you want. There's a bit of a learning curve but it works. If you want some really awesome music, check out Dana Hocking's CD on Wayne Houchin's site. Dana Hocking has made much of the Theory11 music in the past, so it's a great place to get music with a magic feel to it. If you'd like an example, check out my youtube channel at www.youtube.com/stovermagic

JohnShack

Elite Member
Feb 3, 2011
Oklahoma City, OK
Thanks guys and to answer the music question I am the same way, I perform primarily with bands and rappers so 9 times out of ten when making a video I usually ask to use one of their songs. @Red I will definately take a look at your videos later tonight. I have several friends that LOVE after effects but as you said it's a learning curve but I might buy it sometime soon.

Thanks again guys!
John

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results