Have an idea... might be stupid to some, but it's worth a shot.

Ok, so i was really bored in history today and i started thinking, david blaine can get on tv, and there are so many more people with so much more skill so why shouldnt they have a chance to have a little show for themselves? Ill take a gues and say most of you are as good if not better than blaine. So, my idea is, why dont we all take some footage of out best material and combine it and send it somewhere to possibly be aired? Im sure all of you have thought of this before. We can take the best of the best videos and combine them into one and make a little producion. Anyone else think its worth a shot? Many of you might think its stupid,but whatever, people are entitiled to their opinions

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 24, 2007
No idea is stupid, and I think it would be cool to shoot footage and share it was people. Honestly though, not many people are nearly as talented as Blaine in my opinion. Sure his tricks can be purchased, but his sheer presentation abilities put him above pretty much everyone. Just my opinion

You have to realize that there is so much more to pitching a television show than just compiling a tape and sending it. Yes, compiling a tape is a great start, but the actual logistics of the whole situation are extravagant.

But you never know what might happen.

Mitchell

No idea is stupid, and I think it would be cool to shoot footage and share it was people. Honestly though, not many people are nearly as talented as Blaine in my opinion. Sure his tricks can be purchased, but his sheer presentation abilities put him above pretty much everyone. Just my opinion

He has no presentation..hes like "Ok, watch this....."

"You have to realize that there is so much more to pitching a television show than just compiling a tape and sending it. Yes, compiling a tape is a great start, but the actual logistics of the whole situation are extravagant.

Mitchell"

Ah, big words o_O haha. As i said, its worth a shot, whats there to lose?

Oct 20, 2007
I think that is the most original idea I have heard on this site so far. Logistics is nothing when goals and dreams mean everything. I'm with you all the way. Also, have nothing to do with the doubters. "For a man thinketh so he/she is." And you only want to work with people who believe in themselves to help your dreams and theirs moving ahead. You have a nice and original vision, now write it on paper and plan out some more. I believe in you!

;)
JFH

I think that is the most original idea I have heard on this site so far. Logistics is nothing when goals and dreams mean everything. I'm with you all the way. Also, have nothing to do with the doubters. "For a man thinketh so he/she is." And you only want to work with people who believe in themselves to help your dreams and theirs moving ahead. You have a nice and original vision, now write it on paper and plan out some more. I believe in you!

;)
JFH

Thanks for the support man haha. If nobody else is with me, ill make one of just e and send it and let you all know how it works out lol. There is most likely only a slim chance this will work, but i strive to get that slim chance.
well he is not all there....

What do you mean?

Sep 1, 2007
I agree with the supporters here. It would be really cool to send a tape showing real footage of you performing some magic. My only concerned, is the same that I have with Criss Angel or Blaine or the new show Phenomenon. People get a little too into magic, and then we have to come up with new stuff since they have seen it all... which may be good thing... but yeah. Keep it up, if you can dream it you can do it man :D

I agree with the supporters here. It would be really cool to send a tape showing real footage of you performing some magic. My only concerned, is the same that I have with Criss Angel or Blaine or the new show Phenomenon. People get a little too into magic, and then we have to come up with new stuff since they have seen it all... which may be good thing... but yeah. Keep it up, if you can dream it you can do it man :D

Im always thinking of new things and ideas. This isnt jsut including me, its includes anybody else who wants to submit footage as well. And thanks for the support

Sep 2, 2007
Ok, so i was really bored in history today and i started thinking, david blaine can get on tv, and there are so many more people with so much more skill so why shouldnt they have a chance to have a little show for themselves? Ill take a gues and say most of you are as good if not better than blaine. So, my idea is, why dont we all take some footage of out best material and combine it and send it somewhere to possibly be aired? Im sure all of you have thought of this before. We can take the best of the best videos and combine them into one and make a little producion. Anyone else think its worth a shot? Many of you might think its stupid,but whatever, people are entitiled to their opinions

Blaine has a lot more skill then most of you on this forum. He is not only an endurance artist but a good sleight of hand man. Not to mention he created a whole style of magic.

I never said the idea was stupid. I meant that instead of getting ahead of yourself you should look into what it really takes to pitch a television show idea. It is a large commitment and a lot of things go into pitches. Take your time if you want a good result/response!

Mitchell

Sep 9, 2007
personally, i'm not a fan of blaine or angel. they're two complete opposites and i don't enjoy either of their dynamics.

on one hand, we got blaine, who looks like he's gonna fall asleep at any moment, whispers and slurs....on the other we have angel who yells and screams like "ZOMG!1! I'm about to do magic!!! ooooh ooooh look at me!!!"...

great magicians, but personally, i'm not a fan of how either present. I think Cyril Takayama is way better with presentation and crowd control because he has a balanced, charismatic and sane personality...

i will also say, i've seen an instructional Criss Angel vid (coin through can) with him teaching and he's nothing like he is on TV. He seemed much cooler, and more laid back. and he taught really well. if he performed like that i'd enjoy it alot more.

Sep 2, 2007
You have to realize that there is so much more to pitching a television show than just compiling a tape and sending it. Yes, compiling a tape is a great start, but the actual logistics of the whole situation are extravagant.

Mitchell

Not really. According to David Blaine in his book, Mysterious Stranger, he did just that: he had his friend record him doing some magic in Times Square, threw an edit together with his VCR, walked into the ABC studio and said, "Hey, guys, watch this." If he can do it, so can we.

Sep 9, 2007
Not really. According to David Blaine in his book, Mysterious Stranger, he did just that: he had his friend record him doing some magic in Times Square, threw an edit together with his VCR, walked into the ABC studio and said, "Hey, guys, watch this." If he can do it, so can we.
a) people always make success seem easier than it was

b) at the time there were no other magicians on TV. walk in with that tape now and they're gonna say. "We have another wannabe David Blaine/Criss Angel"

Oct 21, 2007
Going into NBC or whatever, then giving them a tape and after watching it and finally putting it on TV. I'll tell you that it was timing, it was at the right time that he did that. I'll bet you right now if blain were to do a street magic special right now, that first video probably would not fall through and we wouldn't be seeing it.

Sep 1, 2007
Hong Kong
MindTrapMagic, you said most of us here are better than David Blaine magician-wise?
You gotta be kidding me.....Don't, for even a second, think just because you can do a better sleight or flourish than Blaine makes you better than him as a magician.
There's just so much more than the usual sleight-of-hand and dexterity when it comes to real life PERFORMANCE. David Blaine is a performer, he's out there.

Sep 2, 2007
Oh, shoot, I forgot to use my <sarcasm> brackets on that one. . . okay guys, my post was mostly a joke. . . sorry I wasn't more clear.

David Blaine is the Beatles of magic.

Honestly, were the Beatles all that skilled at what they do? Not really, but thier style, individuality and most of all TIMING was perfect.

Would the Beatles be famous if what they did happened last week? No, and same goes for Blaine.

My opinion though.

As a sidenote the Beatles rock, and Blaine is easily one of my top 3 magicians.

MindTrapMagic, you said most of us here are better than David Blaine magician-wise?
You gotta be kidding me.....Don't, for even a second, think just because you can do a better sleight or flourish than Blaine makes you better than him as a magician.
There's just so much more than the usual sleight-of-hand and dexterity when it comes to real life PERFORMANCE. David Blaine is a performer, he's out there.

I didnt say in sleights an flourishes, Yea i agree hes good at them, but we all can be with a little practice haha. I meant we are all better in different aspects by far as well as presnetation.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results