Have You Been Keeping Up With The Magic Video Blog?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sinful, Feb 3, 2009.

1. Lee Asher for quite some time has been putting up videos daily of great magicians along with bios. I thought he was doing this until until the end of 08, but he's been doing it still and I only realized today when I received Lee Asher's newsletter. (If you haven't signed up for his newsletter/WITNESS newsletter.... there is something wrong with you. Seriously. I will hunt you.)

Access the videos/bios at www.cardstarlifestyle.com or www.magicvideoblog.com

It ranges all the way from Steve Martin and OJ Simpson up to Ricky Jay, Ed Marlo, and Cardini. Lots to be learned from these videos. Its very important to know about the art you study in. Study these performers. Learn about their life. It will make you more knowledgeable about your art and by studying the performers, you'll become a better performer yourself. The fact Lee took the time and is still taking the time to do this is awesome. Don't take it for granted. Don't just skip over it. If you actually care about magic and respect it, I'd watch all these videos and read everything on the site about them if I were you.

-Doug

2. LOL, when I first saw this I thought the topic would be "Have you been keeping up with the Kardashians?" But, um no.... I haven't been keeping up with the blog....

3. Yes, I have ;)

My favorite video has got to be though, Ricky Jay on Arsenio.

What a beauty.

Gustav

4. I try but I fail to watch after the first round of commercials ;)

-Michael

5. This collection of video clips are great! :D

6. I pretty much check every day I'm online.

7. Glad you guys enjoy.

Have you guys seen the Larry Jenning's clip of him performing Cup and Ball?

His opening move is worth clicking the link below:
    http://cardstarlifestyle.com/?p=206
    (cut and paste if not clickable)

Nice eh?

Keep watching guys because there's a new vintage clip every single day.

Asher

8. Has anyone watched the Jennings clip yet?

Asher

9. That was cool!

He started off kinda knacky but man i felt astonished when the ball and cup dissapeared that visibly and that fast!

10. Yeah... it's a sweet clip.

Jennings powns the Cup and Ball!

Asher

11. Deffenently :)

Would have wanted to hear the patter though!