Having this problem with your Smokes and Mirrors?

Hey guys my smokes and mirrors v5 and i have opened one of them but they don't fan so well like normal cards when newly opened. They fan like old cards. I have just got them for 5 days or so and i hardly touched them

Do you have the same problem?

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 18, 2010
Long Island, New York
My deck was by far the most amazing deck right out of the box. Ever. But after about an hour or two of use they are trying to pretend they are 5 years old and clumping like all heck. So i feel your pain. But i dont believe there is a real way to get over it.

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
My deck was by far the most amazing deck right out of the box. Ever. But after about an hour or two of use they are trying to pretend they are 5 years old and clumping like all heck. So i feel your pain. But i dont believe there is a real way to get over it.

This would be very unusual, and we have heard zero reported issues like that out of thousands of decks in circulation right now. That said, they are just made of paper, so any dirt / oils on your hands could cause them to be less durable than potential. I've been using the SAME deck for a week and a half now. They still fan perfectly. I would let your deck sit for a few hours in a room temperature environment and see if they restore themselves.

A deck will typically fan like a dream right out of the box until you give it a few shuffles at which point individual cards interact with the oils on your hand, creating clumping. The more you work a deck in, the more evenly these oils get distributed and after a little while, the cards will once again fan beautifully with just a little bit extra pressure to get it even.

I had the same problem with the S&M decks and most cards, really, and from my experience you'll get the best fans when a deck is worked in.

Also depending on where you live, humidity may be causing the issue (or lack, thereof). Keep handling the deck, work it in, and I promise you the cards will fan great again in no time!

This would be very unusual, and we have heard zero reported issues like that out of thousands of decks in circulation right now. That said, they are just made of paper, so any dirt / oils on your hands could cause them to be less durable than potential. I've been using the SAME deck for a week and a half now. They still fan perfectly. I would let your deck sit for a few hours in a room temperature environment and see if they restore themselves.

JB, my deck is like piecka32 said. though it didn't fan rite out of the box. I will upload the review of smokes and mirrors which i made after opening the cellophane but still haven't touch the inside contents. I have let them sit in different room temp to experiment and the result, they still clump with each other and i am worrying that my other s&m v5 decks are like that. They are not like other cards that fan out of the box. they clump together..ALOT... I am still trying ways to make it fan and it still acts like my old decks. Besides, i ordered from T11. And yeah i live in malaysia where its humid but when i posted the post i am in china, where its cold and i am still in china, trying to make use of the cold to enable prefect fanning for my S&M v5. Still a failure though.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results