Heart Beating Out of Man's Chest- IS THIS REAL???

Is this real, or an illusion, or maybe a combination of both? He says he can do it because he was shot when he was younger. So maybe there is some truth there, & its part truth, as in he can exaggerate the after effects of being shot & make his heart do that on command, but doesnt do that normally on its own, or its a complete trick, but which?

If you watch the video, when he pulls down his shirt, not only does his heart pulsate, but also watch his neck AND stomach, EVERYTHING is pulsating. But when he puts his shirt back down, his neck & stomach arent pulsating anymore. Plus notice he isnt talking during that part. & Im no doctor, but when the heart pumps, it doesnt inflate like a balloon & deflate like it does here, does it???

Of course, my hope is, that it IS a trick & there is a way to do this, as this would be one of the best visual pieces of magic you could do, especially with a pulse stopping routine! Thoughts?

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
I believe it's called "Flail Chest". If I remember, it is caused by trauma(breaking ribs) which let the chest wall separate from the rib cage. I always thought people died from it. I wonder if he got beat up at some point and lived with that outcome.

edit: Yelchk, I shouldn't have googled that. The results are pretty gross, but it looks like that is what it is.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Side note: Something like this would take a pulse stop from something that genuinely gives people the creeps, and turn it into a haunted house gag.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results