[HELP] Beginner Cardist

Apr 14, 2013
Brazil
Hello! I'm Pablo Takara. I'm 21 years old and I'm living in Brazil at the moment.
I don't even consider myself other than a NOOB at Cardistry and Sleight of Hand... I fail quite hard ;P
But I really like it and I'm training quite hard to get better. I can do the Charlier Cut and the Sybil Cut =D
I'm asking here for some hints!

I'll probably get the Genesis v1 once I get some money for a better learning the basic stuff.
As for Sleight of Hand I bought the e-book "The Royal Road to Card Magic" and I'll probably buy the Card College Vol. 1 as soon as possible.

My biggest problem is that I live in this stupid country!
A Bicycle Rider Back deck here is around 15 dollars!! I have an old deck I've been using for training but it's quite worn out...
I'd love any hints you could give me on:

> Free Worldwide Shipping Stores.
> The Learning of Cardistry.
> The Learning of Sleight of Hand.

Thank you very much!

Last edited by a moderator:

Vinnie C.

cardistry moderator / t11
Aug 31, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Hey mate,

Great to hear you're picking up the art! If you're just starting out, my top suggestion would be the "Xtreme Beginnerz Vol 1" DVD by De'vo. It covers a massive amount of beginner moves and great tips. You can find it on Xtremehandz.com or on eBay (probably for less money).

I haven't personally seen Genesis V1, but I have heard other people recommend it.

As for cards - yikes - that is a LOT of money for a deck of cards. For cheaper cards that may or may not ship internationally try eBay.com and Amazon.com. I don't personally know of any online magic / card handling stores that I know for sure ship to Brazil, but I'm sure there are some out there. That said, I don't think I have ever seen a website that offers free worldwide shipping, so that may be a tough one.

Best of luck, mate! Feel free to post up if you have any other questions.

Best,
Vince

Apr 14, 2013
Brazil
Hello Vinnie C.
Thanks for answering my thread!
I took a look at the "Xtreme Beginnerz Vol 1". The problem for me it's the same as with the cards. The DVD costs around 40 dollars, but the shipping is 25 ><.
I think I'll get Genesis V1 as soon as possible because I can just download it. No Shipping =D

I know Amazon and eBay. I don't really like Amazon. Their shipping is expensive and I have to pay taxes as soon as I buy products. Normally I have some hope my package will pass from the customs office without being detained.
I found a Magic Shop that offers Free Worldwide shipping on orders above 60 dollars and one that offers Free Worldwide shipping on orders above 25 pounds... might try to use them.

Again, thanks for replying and, if you remember some nice hints, please tell me =D

Vinnie C.

cardistry moderator / t11
Aug 31, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I'm sorry to hear about the shipping costs, that's a shame!

I found a Magic Shop that offers Free Worldwide shipping on orders above 60 dollars and one that offers Free Worldwide shipping on orders above 25 pounds... might try to use them.

What are those sites?

Best,
Vince

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results