Help from Mentalists and others that apply.

Jul 13, 2009
I has a question I just rediscovered a certain ebook by Paul Vigil called Diplopia. What I need is this, tips on how to practice the darn thing. I love the idea super simple and everything else that is cliche, but in this case entirely true.

Now I know how to practice how to read a clock, but I need help on practicing the entire routine. Any tips is appreciated.

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
The part I am assuming you are having trouble;

Separate red and black cards take one so you know the colour leaving it aside. Then a few good riffle shuffles and you are good.

Jul 13, 2009
Thanks for that tip. I was referring to, how to practice the entire routine. I am still practicing the clock work up to 40 secs after 2days two hour total practice, yay me. But I need of some tips onto how to do dry run through the effect. Like getting the selection process down, presentation etc.

Really I am asking how do you practice an effect that requires a second participant?

Thanks D ICE R for the tip.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Yeah.

For Diplopia, the script is one of the most important things. Paul Vigil is an incredible mentalist. The one thing that particular sticks out for me, out of many others, is his incredible skill in scripting effects. This is something that really carries his effects - much like, for example, Paolo Cavalli as well. So the more you can really just get out and perform everything, the better. Definitely work through pretend practicing by just doing it for the mirror, and going through the entire routine, but at the end of the day, it's most efficient probably to just go out and perform the thing.

Jul 13, 2009
Okay thanks for the help both of you. I have the script writen on index cards for ease of memorization. I am going to get the script and the motions a bit tighter before going to either my brother or mum.

Thanks for the help once again.

Sep 24, 2007
I don't have Diplopia myself, but if you need help practicing the script for say a psychological/verbal force, anonymous internet chat sites do the job nicely.
Introduce yourself as a magician, and its just like meeting a person, except there's no fear of failure and you don't need to look for people.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results