HELP, I have to do a talk on magic!

Sep 12, 2007
Edinburgh, Scotland
have to to a talk for english about our ambitions and jobs when we are older. I would like to become a magician and perform tricks. Here is my talk. I would REALLY appreciate some help on what to talk about, what to do where, what i shouldnt put in. All thanks in advance.

Hello.

As im sure many of you know, I would like to be a pro magician.

To emphasise the power of magic, I am going to perform an effect for all of you called torn/Stigmata (perform torn/stigmata)
One of my many idols in magic is a man called Criss Angel (place picture on overhead). Criss angel has influenced magic in so many ways, making each effect unbelievable. Sometimes I wonder when he will stop. His mind is like a magic temple. Some of his work includes levitating above the luxor light, making an army hummer and 20 people appear out of nowhere, walking through an armoured truck and sticking his hand trough a mans chest. He has also performed a now legendary effect in the magic relm, an effect called SINFUL. SINFUL was invented by a man called Wayne Houchin , another one of my magic idols (perform sinful. Give away the drink to the person that signed the coin).
As I said at the start of the trick, Wayne Houchin is another of my magic idols. Wayne has invented lots of tricks, including SINFUL, Stigmata, Indecent and his new one, DIStOrTiOn. This in this effect you visually cause the pips on a 4 of diamonds to multiply, slide along the card and change to the 6 of diamonds. Wayne grew up in a place called Chico, in California. When he was 21, he was hired as a consultant for Criss Angels A&E series mindfreak. He has friends all over the globe, but one of them stands out. Banacheck. His metal bending techniques and mind reading power have earned him the title: Greatest Mind Reader In 500 Years. Wayne and banackeck have been friends for a long time, and use each others effects to the maximum. As I said, Wayne Houchin has created a lot of awesome effects. One of his latest and greatest is called Indecent, which I will perform now( Perform indecent). When I am older I hope to be a tenth of what the people I have mentiond are now, but the skies the limit. One day you might just switch in the TV and see me, trying to jump off canary Warf and survive. Maby when you have a party and want a magician, search it on the net and find my name. I don’t know what I will become, but I hope it Is one of these. Especily the first one, because I will have earned lots of money. I have come up of a way of walking through a wall with no cover. Maby I might be doing it on TV one Day.We will just have to wait and see.

Thankyou.

Other points: I have a few videos of myself doing some of my own effects on youtube. If you want to have a look, just tell me and I will give you my username. The walking through wall one will be on youtube shortly, I hope.

NO NO NO NO NO!!!! Please do not give that speach!!!!

NEVER EVER give away the name of an effect. People are then a simple google search away from nto only the site that sells it but probably several exposure sites. Please do us all, and yourself, a favor and do NOT do that.

First, its a speach on what you want to be which, I pray, is yourself. Never to a Criss Angel model and I hope to god you never become Criss Angel. I believe Criss has done some very good things but overall he's very fake and disenguine (spelling, i know).

Make the speach on what you want to do, not the people you want to be like because "I'll have made alot of money!!!!". Your goals for youself, performing at parties, maybe getting on tv. The life you want magic to allow you to have.

Also, the thing about your walking through a wall sounds like you plugging it to magicians not talking to a class of laymen.

Also, it is very confusing the way you have written it... I strongly advise finding a true Writter or maybe someone a few grades about you to help you. I'm a writer (With bad spelling.. funny) and even I got confused...

Sharp

1) NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER give the names of the effect to your spectators. Did I say EVER? EVER!

2) I think you might want to give credit where credit is due. Criss might be creative, but his mind is not, by any means, a magic temple. You and I know that he has a TEAM of world-renowned magicians and illusion designers working 'round the clock on stunts and tricks just for Criss to perform.

have to to a talk for english about our ambitions and jobs when we are older. I would like to become a magician and perform tricks. Here is my talk. I would REALLY appreciate some help on what to talk about, what to do where, what i shouldnt put in. All thanks in advance.

Hello.

As im sure many of you know, I would like to be a pro magician.

To emphasise the power of magic,

I am going to perform an effect for all of you called torn/Stigmata**Maybe say "I am going to perform a little feat of magic, who wants to help me out?"**

(perform torn/stigmata)

One of my many idols in magic is a man called Criss Angel (place picture on overhead). Criss angel has influenced magic in so many ways, making each effect unbelieveable.

**Put "performance"**

Sometimes I wonder when he will stop, because his mind is like a magic temple. Some of his past work includes levitating above the luxor light, making an army hummer and 20 people appear out of nowhere, walking through an armoured truck and sticking his hand trough a mans chest.

He has also performed a now legendary effect in the magic relm, an effect called SINFUL. SINFUL was invented by a man called Wayne Houchin **Put instead "Another man who I look up to is named Wayne Houchin and his performances are also unbelievable."**

another one of my magic idols**delete this.** (perform sinful. Give away the drink to the person that signed the coin).

As I said at the start of the trick, Wayne Houchin is another of my magic idols. Wayne has invented lots of tricks, including SINFUL, Stigmata, Indecent and his new one, DIStOrTiOn. This in this effect you visually cause the pips on a 4 of diamonds to multiply, slide along the card and change to the 6 of diamonds.

** CHANGE this, why would you tell them the names of all his effects. They probably don't even know what a pip is, so don't give the names of the effects because they will hit youtube. Change that little paragraph to something else.**

Wayne grew up in a place called Chico, in California. When he was 21, he was hired as a consultant for Criss Angels A&E series Mindfreak. He has friends all over the globe, but one of them stands out. Banacheck. His metal bending techniques and mind reading power have earned him the title: Greatest Mind Reader In 500 Years. Wayne and Banacheck have been friends for a long time, and use each others effects to the maximum.

As I said, Wayne Houchin has created a lot of awesome effects.**Don't tell them he created effects.**

One of his latest and greatest is called Indecent, which I will perform now[/B]**Say "I will now perform another feat of magic." DON'T GIVE THE NAMES**

( Perform indecent).

When I am older I hope to be a tenth of what the people I have mentiond are now, but the skies the limit. One day you might just switch in the TV and see me, trying to jump off canary Warf and survive. Maybe when you have a party and want a magician, search it on the net and find my name. I don’t know what I will become, but I hope it Is one of these. Especily the first one, because I will have earned lots of money. I have come up of a way of walking through a wall with no cover. Maybe I might be doing it on TV one Day. We will just have to wait and see.

Thankyou.

Other points: I have a few videos of myself doing some of my own effects on youtube. If you want to have a look, just tell me and I will give you my username. The walking through wall one will be on youtube shortly, I hope.

Ok your speech needs some work in my opinion. Why are you telling them the names of the effects? I've bolded what should be changed and you should maybe add some stuff in there place.

Why do you want to be like these people? Why don't you be yourself?

NEVER GIVE NAMES OF EFFECTS.

Put more of why you think it will be a good career for yourself and not why its good for Criss Angel.

Definately work on it more and dont just put it together in 20 minutes, but it was a good start nontheless.

Hope I helped,
Brenden

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 12, 2007
Edinburgh, Scotland
Ok, so i should just say: Here is a trick created by wayne houchin. This trick is another one by wayne houchin and so on and so forth.

I also do not want to be criss angel but something like an equal or something like that?

Ok, so i should just say: Here is a trick created by wayne houchin. This trick is another one by wayne houchin and so on and so forth.

I also do not want to be criss angel but something like an equal or something like that?

NO! Dont say its a trick created by anyone. Just show them a piece in your repitoire. Why would you want to be an equal of Criss Angel. This is not your passion its Criss'. You shouldn't want to be like someone else.

Brenden

Sep 12, 2007
Edinburgh, Scotland
OK i have edited it and it is not using any expousure of names of tricks or anything. I also took out the bit about criss angels mind. That really would freak out some people. I have now got it down to about 7 minits, so wish me luck!

Sep 8, 2007
Carmichael,CA
Ease up a bit about the Criss angel thing.. if he likes criss angel thats alrite chillax a bit....ya dont give away the name of the trick thats all i really have to say cuz nothing is worse than if you perform a trick and the next day people are saying how its done.

Sep 30, 2007
I have a question. What is everyone's problem with Criss? I mean is everyone jelous that he is doing something that we would all love to do, which is make a hell of a good living off of magic? I mean common, cut the guy a break. Yes we all know that he uses camera tricks to acheive some of his effects, but he is not trying to entertain his audiences ( aka stooges ) he is trying to entertain the ppl watching his show. Which he is damn good at doing that. He did not make the show to try and enertain magicians but to bring magic into the 21 century and try to get more ppl into magic. I bet alot of the people doing magic today got started because of him. I have been doing it long before I knew about him but for real, why does everyone on these boards seem to hate the guy? What did he ever do to you?

Sep 1, 2007
An honest opinion: your speech is you singing the praises about your idols. I would sit down with a peice of paper and write about why YOU want to be a magician, where you see it going, how you will get there etc. And do it without mentioning anyone else's name!

Your audience will struggle to take you seriously if you just come off as a hero worshipper, and you may have a hard time with their reactions.

Sep 12, 2007
Edinburgh, Scotland
Well, i did my talk and it went down a storm. Everyone was clapping after each effect and afterwards i got bombarded by requests to tell me how i did it. Of course i didn't tell them, but it was still pretty cool. SINFUL was the best i performed apparently, so that is my new favorite trick.

Well, i did my talk and it went down a storm. Everyone was clapping after each effect and afterwards i got bombarded by requests to tell me how i did it. Of course i didn't tell them, but it was still pretty cool. SINFUL was the best i performed apparently, so that is my new favorite trick.

What talk did you give? I pray to god its not the one telling everyone "Hey google this for my secrets!!"...

Sorry, I don't mean to be disrespectful but magic and school are things that have been a trainwreck for a loong time.

Sharp

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results