Help in Starting Cardistry

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
i need some help, im just starting to work on XCM or flourishing or cardistry, and i bought Motion by Daniel Madison. Anyways, ive started working on 4 sybil, even though its not the easiest one (6 out of 10 difficulty), for me it is the simplest and easiest to work with, and i also have 3 years of experience with cards, so the ace revelation part is easy for me.

Do you people have any suggestions as to what i should work with?

keep in mind ive just started out, and i tried to do Guardian and Symphony from Motion, but i prefer something like sybil:D

D

Deleted member 2755

I'm not sure how much experience you have in magic, but I will tell you that buying Dangerous Motion as your first thing in cardistry as a whole was not the best idea. You will have a tough time. Want a good place to start out? Buy the Card College series. (They are books.) If you don't want to shell out over a hundred dollars, then pick up The Royal Road to Card Magic.

After purchasing those, I recommend the Everything Else disc from the Trilogy. They have a flourishing 101 section where they will teach some basic flourishes. I learned how to do a normal Sybil cut from that DVD. You will also learn how to spring cards, dribble them, fan them, and do lots of other cool stuff.

You will then have some basic knowledge in flourishing. You should then go into Dangerous. You will still find things very difficult, but they will come to you a lot easier than if you didn't have any sort of card experience at all.

I hope that helps.

-Doug

I'm not sure how much experience you have in magic, but I will tell you that buying Dangerous Motion as your first thing in cardistry as a whole was not the best idea. You will have a tough time. Want a good place to start out? Buy the Card College series. (They are books.) If you don't want to shell out over a hundred dollars, then pick up The Royal Road to Card Magic.

After purchasing those, I recommend the Everything Else disc from the Trilogy. They have a flourishing 101 section where they will teach some basic flourishes. I learned how to do a normal Sybil cut from that DVD. You will also learn how to spring cards, dribble them, fan them, and do lots of other cool stuff.

You will then have some basic knowledge in flourishing. You should then go into Dangerous. You will still find things very difficult, but they will come to you a lot easier than if you didn't have any sort of card experience at all.

I hope that helps.

-Doug

He says that he has 3 years experiance with cards, so I'm assuming he's a magician trying to get into flourishing, hence CC and RRTCM aren't really going to help him.

D

Deleted member 2755

He says that he has 3 years experiance with cards, so I'm assuming he's a magician trying to get into flourishing, hence CC and RRTCM aren't really going to help him.

Oops. Accidentally read over that part.:p

-Doug

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
hum yeah

yeah, haha i have 3 years of experience. i actually bought the whole set of dangerous because im such a fan of daniel's work...
thanks for the decknique idea, im checking that out now, and i do have trilogy, i just thought all those sleights were really hard, so i left off with dvd 2.7
yeah, thanks Doug, and i do have royal road to card magic but it doesnt seem to explore cardistry or flourishing much, other than the basic fans and spread and such, but those are sleights every so called magcian must know anyways...

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results