Help - My father passed away and we don't know anything about this trick

Apr 2, 2018
I don't know if this is the correct place to post this question, but my father passed away recently. He was an amateur magician and had a number of tricks. This is one we found but we have no idea what it is, what it does, or what it is worth. None of us can ever remember him performing this trick. It consists of a wooden box with a heavy magnet in it (very heavy - maybe 10 pounds). There is also a steel ring, book of matches, and a false finger tip in the box, as you can see in the pictures. Any information you may have on it would be helpful. Does the trick have a name? Who produced it? What does it do? What is it worth? Like I said, anything would be helpful.
Thanks!
Tim
IMG_0269.JPG
IMG_0269.JPG
IMG_0270.JPG

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
I don't know if this exact set has an actual name it was sold as but it is obviously a PK drawer set up so that you can perform many PK effects above and on said drawer/table base. That magnet will be VERY strong and will work through the table top. I'm trying not to expose too much, but each item/prop in that drawer will be able to do some time of magical effect via the magnet and drawer/table top.

Hi Tim,

What you have before you is a psytable set. The heavy magnet is used to create several types of telekinetic effects, or could be used during a seance or other bizarre routine to convince the audience that ghosts are present. I've seen a few of these around. Just be careful around it, and don't let it get close to any credit cards or electronics. That magnet is strong enough to wipe the cards and do serious harm to electronics.

Reactions: RealityOne
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results