Help!!! On how to organize my effects...

Nov 27, 2010
Hey guys, I was just wondering how you guys record your magic effects. I need to rewrite all of my magic effects, and I am confused on whether or not I should group all my effects into routines or write down each individual effect as if I am going to perform them all seperately...What should I do?

Sep 1, 2013
South Africa
It's best to routine the tricks but link them all together with some sort of story that makes sense for example you could link a magical production of two cards into a sandwich routine. The only time you should perform a stand alone effect (in my opinion) is if you're performing a quick trick on the fly or if the effect is one massive trick that can get an amazing reaction on it's own, example, a borrowed bill is signed, vanished and reappeared in an absolutely crazy impossible location. Just some of my thoughts on this, hope I've helped! :D

May 21, 2014
Staunton, VA
I'm currently in the process of grouping my stuff into routines. Do that. It'll be valuable later on because if someone asks you to do a show you can just pick one of the ones you've prepared instead of having to build a routine from scratch each time.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results