Help on Seminar

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
Hello everyone!!

I hope you are having a great weekend!! I am sorry I haven´t been here for sometime... but I am back!!

Anyway, I wanted to ask you some advice... I need some suggestions on stage magic... I would like to hear your opinion on tricks that can be done by 3 people (not all 3 are executing the trick... one of them can say the patter and the other 2 execute the trick, etc) but the tricks need to be very easy, since is for people that have never done any magic before, and they need to learn it in a few hours..

The reason is that I am creating a team building seminar and one of the activities is to create a magic show.. the tricks will be executed by the company´s employees and they are around 25, so the only way to do it, would be in teams of 3... so they present the tricks by teams and they will be around 8 tricks... you get me right?

So far I have 3 planned out, a trick with 3 bottles of water, the self coloring book and a math trick... but I would love to hear suggestions from all of you!!

thanks in advance!!

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Magic Square - Is that your Math trick or not? If not you could use that as it is impressive and not too difficult.

Professor's Nightmare could be done easily by just buying some cheap rope or clothesline from Walmart.

Cups and Balls routine with Styrofoam Cups and Pom Poms from Walmart.

Are you allowing them to use your props?

I'll brainstorm more later for you buddy. Teaching class right now. Ha!

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
You could do a routine where you make it a mind reading routine, and have each participant figure out a different component of the forced thing.

E.g.

1st guy has each member of the audience write down a celebrity on a slip of paper and put it in a small box.

2nd guy is doing some patter and misdirecting the audience.

While this is happening, The 3rd guy switches the box for another one that have all the billets in there labeled "Johnny Depp"

A spectator chooses a billet, looks at it, then it's all acting from there.

Reactions: Luis Vega

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
Magic Square - Is that your Math trick or not? If not you could use that as it is impressive and not too difficult.

Professor's Nightmare could be done easily by just buying some cheap rope or clothesline from Walmart.

Cups and Balls routine with Styrofoam Cups and Pom Poms from Walmart.

Are you allowing them to use your props?

I'll brainstorm more later for you buddy. Teaching class right now. Ha!

Hey Rick!!

Thank you so much for the suggestions!! Yes, they are allowed to use props... basically I am teaching a group of people to do magic tricks as a teambuilding exercise... in teams of 3 they will present a routine where the 3 must be involved to a group of homeless children!! nice eh?!

I have 5 tricks so far... I am sorry I took so long to answer.. but I was busy because of the earthquake here.. :(

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
Hey Rick!!

Thank you so much for the suggestions!! Yes, they are allowed to use props... basically I am teaching a group of people to do magic tricks as a teambuilding exercise... in teams of 3 they will present a routine where the 3 must be involved to a group of homeless children!! nice eh?!

I have 5 tricks so far... I am sorry I took so long to answer.. but I was busy because of the earthquake here.. :(
Stay safe!

Reactions: Luis Vega
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results