Help on The Trilogy

Sep 1, 2013
On one of the trilogy DVD's by Dan and Dave that contains the Flourishes 101 section. The Revolution Cut, is almost impossible for me with short fingers. My thumb is only 1 and 1/4 an inch long and my index and middle finger is only 2 & 1/2 inches long and my ring finger is 1 and 3/4 inches long. My pinky is 1 and 1/4 inches long. It seems to me like I can't do certain flourishes... Especially ones with deck handling in them as my fingers cant hold a portion of the deck without it falling off.

My practice deck is 6months old and is pretty crappy. is that a problem too? I just dont want to open new decks and find out that I dont need to open it yet.

Oct 29, 2013
then focus on the flourishes that you CAN do . practice those flourishes till it's smooth , there's always room for improvement . then go back to the flourishes that you can't do when your fingers have grown . just my suggestion :)

The revolution cut is a tricky one and it took me a while to get down, but it can be done, even with shorter fingers. Sadly the answer with most flourishing is more practice. As for you deck question, yes! 6 months is way too old. Open a new deck man. I have found it good practice to have 3-5 decks open at a time. That way you can switch to a new deck when one starts clumping, or switch to a broken-in one if you are practicing say a deck flip.

Nov 1, 2007
Finger size is irrelevant. Your measurements don't look too far off my own - it will come with practice good sir. Be careful to not keep doing the same thing if it's not working for you. I've always found that if what you're doing isn't giving you results, something's gotta change.

Sep 1, 2013
Thank you all guys, I popped open a deck of the dragonback series, and just looking at its wonderful design makes me feel inspired and you guys giving me good tips just makes it all better. THank you!!

Oct 5, 2012
Another piece of advice...try something else for a while, then come back. I was really struggling with the top shot, then "gave up" for a month or so, and then tried it again. A lot of the knacky moves really benefit from some time off to practice other things. Not to wait to become good at something without practice, but a lot of times just stepping aside for a week can pay big dividends. Good luck!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results