Help please.

Jul 1, 2013
Cardistry help please.

Hey I've been flourishing for about 6 months and I always tend to have trouble with spinning a packet with my ring finger. For example when I try to do akira I cannot easily spin the packet with my ring finger. When I try a card will come off the bottom or the packet will hit the bottom packet. I practice a lot trying to just spin the packet which is helping a little but I fear that this will make other flourishes even harder for me like pandora.

If you could give me any tips to help this problem i'll greatly appreciate it.

Last edited by a moderator:

venom546

Elite Member
Mar 11, 2013
It just takes lots and lots of practice. It isn't like dan and dave got the spin down in a day. I am sure some people spend weeks or months or maybe even a couple of year practicing that spin and still can't do it. I can't do it but I still practice and I patiently wait for that moment when I do finally do it with out messing up. Good luck :D

Aug 13, 2013
You also might want to think about how many cards you are using. Spinning packets with a large amount of cards is extremely hard without cards falling off so using a smaller packet would be something you may want to try.

S.G

Feb 9, 2010
Hey I've been flourishing for about 6 months and I always tend to have trouble with spinning a packet with my ring finger. For example when I try to do akira I cannot easily spin the packet with my ring finger. When I try a card will come off the bottom or the packet will hit the bottom packet. I practice a lot trying to just spin the packet which is helping a little but I fear that this will make other flourishes even harder for me like pandora.

If you could give me any tips to help this problem i'll greatly appreciate it.

This might help you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj3WIinGHKI

formula

Elite Member
Jan 8, 2010
I struggle with cuts like this too because of the weather. It's often cold here and my hands tend to be too dry to cause enough friction when contacting packets. It's easier to perform moves like this in humid conditions and also, as mentioned above, the cards you use matter as well.

The above video from the Virts should tell you everything else you need to know.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results