help with akira flourish

Jul 30, 2011
ive been working through the trilogy dvd for the past month and have gotten down the molecule four and eko pretty smoothly. I just started practicing akira this week and i am having a lot of trouble when turning the packet between your pinky and palm; they ALWAYS fall off.

does anyone have any tips on making this a bit easier?

Sep 30, 2011
Tampa,Florida
here is my practice process i watch the vid 5 times practice once and fail epicly lol! then i write the directions then i experiment with it but i suggest using less amount of cards in the packet then when you r better add some more cards hope it helped!!!!!!

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Your problem is that they fall out right?

The solution is rather simple. Put a greater pressure between the tip of your pinky and the pad of your palm where the cards are held. Start with few cards and go up to more and more cards, and see which amount of cards is too much for you to handle. After you get that figured out, use less cards. Because you want to spin the packet a little fast with the pinky and pad of your palm, don't place TOO much pressure, just enough to where the cards wont fall out. Practice and experiment with this more until you have the right idea.

What Steve Dio said also works. Just practice. You won't get it just like that after reading advice. You have to work at it and practice it to get it down and smooth. Everything takes practice. Nothing ever comes to you just like that...

Good luck with Akira! It's one of my favorite flourishes by the Bucks.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results