Help With an Original Effect, Please

Mar 30, 2008
DC
I am somewhat new to this forum and I was wondering if you all could help me with one of my own creations branched off of a famous trick by Sean Beard.

Here is the Effect:

The spectator picks a card and signs it with their signature. They then shuffle the deck however they please and hand the deck back to me. I then point to a window, and proceed to do Sean Beard's KAOS Card Through Window.

However, rather than pulling the card through the window, I literally pull their card Half-way through the window. Their card is half on one side of the window, and half on the other. Half the card sticks out on the side I am on, and the other half sticks out on their side.

The signature can still be seen on both sides, half the signature on one side of the window and the other half of the signature on the other.

This does not require a gimmicked window as most windows will do (if I'm on the 10th floor of a skyscraper and someone asks me to do my CHTW, I can't really do it).

This can be done signed or unsigned.

Now, I am not sure about the originality of this trick. I got the idea through KAOS, but this trick is different. Thus, my question is can i still sell this trick? Or has it been created by someone else already?

Thanks for your help!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 6, 2007
Well, you really shouldn't be thinking of selling your trick, especially if you don't know its originality..but I guess thats what you're trying to ask.

I can't really help you from the somewhat vague description, but I'm sure many of the more knowledgable forum-ers can.

But really, thinking of selling the efffect shouldn't be on your mind, at all. It should be to make the trick better and refine it.

However, if you've been improving the trick and if it's been tried and tested, I dont see the harm of releasing it, if you believe it's up to par.

Mar 30, 2008
DC
If I submit the trick, do I need to make a video as well?

I don't really have a camera right now so I would have to use the explanation above.

However, I have tried the effect and it does work, I have perfected it to a degree as well. I do not know if it is up to par with all the T11 tricks, as they are based on quality.

Especially in theory, I think it is a good trick as it is a Card Halfway through Window, and can be done with a signed card...

Aug 31, 2007
summit the trick to t11 and let them decide

Are you kidding me?

To Pavan, really, a video would be good, because your effect seems like bull. Then, if you have any decency, if your going to submit in anywhere (Although I agree justin, don't) go to Ellusionist. I'm not a T11 hater (In fact I prefer it to E), but if you submit it here, it will be rejected in a jiffy. Sending it to E, it will be rejected in about 3 or 4 jiffies, so you have a better chance there. Why, CAUSE IT'S THEIR TRICK!

BTW, for god's sake it's by Sean Beard (his username is Tempest here), not the "very famous trick invented by Daniel Garcia." Lol.

Mar 30, 2008
DC
Really? I had never heard of a card halfway through window before, oh well.

And my bad, why did I think it was by Daniel Garcia, I have no idea?

Can you link me to the already invented card halfway through window?

Mar 30, 2008
DC
Are you kidding me?

To Pavan, really, a video would be good, because your effect seems like bull.

."

Are you trying to say my effect is bull as in you don't believe it or you think its bad?

When you said that E would reject my effect "CAUSE ITS THEIR TRICK!", since when does E have a card halfway through window??

Aug 31, 2007
Woah Woah. I didn't mean that they had a Halfway card through window. I meant that it would be rather strange for T11 to release a KAOS with a "twist."

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results