Help with Backlash!

Jan 25, 2008
Okay... so... uh... i think majority of you people know the effect back lash taught by Paul Harris in early works. for those who don't, i recommend you grab a copy of his books art of astonishment 1-3. worth it! here's a description for all of you who aren't familiar with it. a card is signed at the face and at the back. the card is placed inside the magicians pocket or in the card box. you ask the spectator's name. you spell the spec's name and poof! at the last letter of the name or initials is the signed card. you take the signed card that just came out of the box. do a magical gesture and poof! the signed card is gone and is now back in the box or the pocket. you place the signed card on to your palm and your spec places his on top of the card kind of like making a card sandwich with your hands. your spec lifts his hand and takes a look at the card only to notice that one of the signatures changed into your name.

pretty neat eh? here's the thing that really want to do with this effect because I'm pretty sure that this variation i have in my head is going to be killer! what i want to do is to change the ending. instead of having me and the spec sandwich the card, i'll let it be the spec and his friend. and then. when they take a look at the card, one of the initials or names on the card changes to the name of the spec's friend. all that done with no stooge. i have a method that i think would work but the actions are not coherent and coordinated. the things that i do are unnatural to the human eye. that might direct suspicion to me. if you can, please PM me for the methods that you are thinking of.

cheers!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results