Help with bottom deal.

Jul 25, 2017
Hi!

I'm using a strike bottom deal from Erdnase grip, it works great except for one detail:

I use my third and little finger to buckle the bottom card before I take it, but because of this, it's slightly crimped when it comes out. Anyone have any Idea on how to prevent this?
Thanks!

P.S.
I've tried just buckling it with my little finger, then the crimp doesn't occur, but the third finger gives off a nasty fingerflash.

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
You could try experimenting with different deals. However, if you already have the deal down, I wouldn't want to change it.

Let me ask you this: Are you using an older, worn in, practice deck? Chances are that with a newer deck, especially a broken in one, you wont get the crimp.

Otherwise, try an apply less pressure.

Jul 25, 2017
Thanks for the tip. Yeah, I noticed That all the decks that I have used for practicing false deals have the same crimp, if not as prevelant in them, probably due to my method.

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
Thanks for the tip. Yeah, I noticed That all the decks that I have used for practicing false deals have the same crimp, if not as prevelant in them, probably due to my method.
Try not buckling it as much. If you need more help, I'm sure someone here focuses a lot on tabled sleights and has experience with the Erdnase bottom deal.

In fact, @FunkyBottoms and @Gabriel Z. might know exactly what to do.

Reactions: Gabriel Z.

Gabriel Z.

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
NY
www.youtube.com
Like Jason England says it's all about experimentation. First grip the cards with the Erdnase Grip as explained in The Expert at the Card Table. Once you have the knack of buckling the bottom card and pushing it out with the third finger you are half way there. The condition of the deck should not have any bearing on a successful bottom deal. Jason England says in his new Bottom Dealing 2.0 , that once you have mastered the bottom deal you can basically do it with any deck. Just keep tweaking and playing around with the positioning of the fingers (Once you have it down, you'll know). As for your concern I think it's coming out crimped because you are buckling with the little finger and third finger.... Try isolating and using the third finger only, this might prevent you from over-buckling if you will. And as far as finger flash is concerned that is also something you are going to have to work at . Here is a video of my current bottom deal. Hope this helps. Here is a password protected video I uploaded for you....
.. The PW: Bottomfix

Jul 25, 2017
Thanks alot for the tips and video Gabriel!
I Will try to not put any pressure with my little finger when buckling, and maybe even hovering it a bit below the card.

Reactions: Gabriel Z.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results