Help with card swapping

Jul 28, 2014
Savannah, GA
Hey, everyone! I'm trying to find a way to swap out a card I'm holding with one of four or five possible cards. I'm not really a card girl, so assume I don't know much beyond a DL. Here goes:

The audience views: I want to display four or five different cards, mix them up, then pick one of my choosing. I will then poll the audience as to what card I picked. Based on the response, I want to be able to turn the card around and have it be whatever won. So if I had all four aces, and I pick the Ace of Diamonds, let's say - I'd hold it so the audience couldn't see. When the poll is taken, let's assume the Ace of Clubs won. I want to be able to, as cleanly as possible, swap the Ace of Diamonds I'm holding with the Ace of Clubs and reveal it as if I'd picked it all along.

Can anyone point me towards a move or resource that might help me with this?

Sep 2, 2007
London
It's certainly possible to achieve this. If you're working from a table, look into hand mucking techniques, which is a category of moves used by card cheaters to switch cards in play. Tony Giorgio has a lot of work on this area on his Ultimate Work DVDs, as does Richard Turner on his Double-Signed Card Routine DVD. There's also the book Hand Mucking by George Joseph, and a lot of other references scattered throughout the literature. If you don't have a table then there's a huge variety of switches and changes. You might want to look at Volumes 7 and 8 of Daryl's Encyclopedia of Card Sleights and the Card College series by Roberto Giobbi.

So that's fine, there are plenty of card switches. The problem you're going to run into, though, is in routining. You'll need to create a reason for the audience to be looking elsewhere at the moment the switch is going to take place, which, inevitably, is going to be the moment they're most interested in the card to be switched.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 20, 2013
I have no idea the name.. however Peter Duffie has a download called.. "Move mastery". It's pretty much a compilation of moves. In the preview he shows one move at the end that would be perform for you and this routine. I don't know the name of this move because I never bought the download. But I've used it before. It's a nice move.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results