Help with my 1st routine?

Sep 1, 2007
on Theory11.
Hey guys,
I've been doing magic for about 2 years now, and all I've done is single tricks and maybe a short ACR consisting of about 3 or 4 moves. I'm ready to be at the point where I have a 5-10 minute routine that is mostly, if not all, cards. Here's what I've got so far:

Pre-routine:
I spread though a deck of cards showing them to be all different. (perhaps do a false cut/shuffle) Select a spectator that has a wallet. Turn over the top card (joker) and sign the front. Have the spectator initial the back. Turn the card over once again, insuring that it is the joker. Have the spectator hold his wallet open and stick the card inside.

Routine:
Continue with 2CM (ends with two black aces) Place the aces face up on top of the deck. Spread though and have someone make a selection. Once everyone has had a good look at the card, I turn back around and trade the two black aces for their selection and have them inspect the aces. When attention comes back to me, I lose the card in the deck, and place the aces back on top. I tell them to watch close, and cut the aces in the middle of the pack. I hand the deck to a spectator and have them spread though to find the selection between the two aces. I then have someone sign the selection, and continue with an ACR consisting of about 4 or 5 moves, ending with Here Then There.
I then have someone make another selection,(3 of diamonds, for example) and sign the back and I sign the front, as before. The deck is put away and the signed card is torn into several pieces at my fingertips. I squeeze the pieces and have someone hold onto my wrist so I can't put them down my sleeve. Once they let go, I slowly open my hand showing that the pieces have completely vanished. I tell the first spectator to check his wallet. Inside is the 3 of diamonds, restored, complete with both signatures.

My only problem with this routine is the vanishing of the pieces... I'm not really sure what would be the most effective. I have some practice to do when it comes to vanishing the pieces... I also had a thought of completely destroying the card- I thought of burning it, but Bikes don't burn that well. Any advice on a good card vanish or destruction method would be great.

Thanks for the help,

-Matt

Sep 2, 2007
Connected isn't signed. As well as a way to get bikes to burn is- Well...nevermind. Too dangerous. But another idea would be, like, Fickle fire and putting the card in the flames.

Sep 1, 2007
on Theory11.
Connected isn't signed. As well as a way to get bikes to burn is- Well...nevermind. Too dangerous. But another idea would be, like, Fickle fire and putting the card in the flames.

Well, I've been thinking about it and I've almost thrown out the idea of burning it... I think it would be too much trouble to carry around matches or a lighter. (I don't smoke) And a good card vanish would be quicker, cleaner, and more visual. Just a matter of how to go about it...

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results