Help with my coins....

Jan 18, 2009
Maryland
Sorry if this has already been posted but how do you smooth out the faces/backs of Kennedy Half Dollars? I want them to be like my Barber Halves if possible. (Soft, smooth, no sound when they slide) I would highly appreciate it if someone told me how or posted a link!

Thank you,
Kevin B

May 2, 2008
Pennsylvania
I read somewhere that you can clean up coins by using a toothbrush with toothpaste on it.

I may need to be backed by someone though, but give it a whack! :D

-Sanj

KBIllusions,

There are techniques out there to sand down coins to make them "soft". However, it is alot easier to go to your local coin dealer, ask for junk or scrap silver half dollars or dollar pieces. They will pull out bags of old coins that will be exactly what you're looking for, and will only cost you the current price of silver. I see you're in Maryland. I've googled coin shops in MD and my search turned up these results:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=coin+shops+maryland&aq=f&oq=&aqi=

I'm sure any of the would be willing to assist you. It's been my experience that once I tell the shopkeep what the coins are for, i'm asked to do a trick, and I usually am able to get a better rate on the silver if they like what they see.....

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results