Help With Sybil

Sep 1, 2007
Hey guys,
I'm pretty much a beginner at flourishing, and I heard to start with the sybil cut, and since I already had the trilogy [for the tricks and EE] I looked a found a very thourough explanation of the cut in the fourth stage of jackson 5. The part I'm having trouble with is the last part, where you seperate one of the packets. because there is alot going on at once, I don't know which packet to seperate and what fingers to use. I have the grip down, and the first couple stages down, but I just can't seem to understand what to do on the last stage. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks.

Hey dude! I'm glad your getting into it. I'm pretty new too, but I highly suggest not doing Sybilism first. That is the fourth stage of the Jackson 5. It is a type of Sybil, but go to the 3rd disc of the Trilogy, and go into Flourishing 101, and look at the 5 faces of Sybil first. Get that down and then move to Sybilism. It'll help.

Sep 1, 2007
Oh, I thought that it was the original sybil in jackson 5. That's to bad cause I looked at the flourishing 101, and the teaching well, isn't really teaching, just showing it like 5 times. can you guys still help me with the one in jackson 5 though, thanks.

Sep 1, 2007
Venezuela
Hey dude! I'm glad your getting into it. I'm pretty new too, but I highly suggest not doing Sybilism first. That is the fourth stage of the Jackson 5. It is a type of Sybil, but go to the 3rd disc of the Trilogy, and go into Flourishing 101, and look at the 5 faces of Sybil first. Get that down and then move to Sybilism. It'll help.

thats it :p

Oct 1, 2007
The 5 faces in the original of the sybil, but i know there is a continuous 4-packet version that I cannot find- where is it taught?

Sep 1, 2007
Sorry vinnie, I don't have msn. Its coming along quite nicely actually. I looked on the flourish disc and I'm currently practicing tectonic verb. To me its easier then sybil. I already have XB, but most of that stuff was pretty much variations of charliers, which isn't bad its just I really want to get into flourishing, not xcm, if you guys know what I mean. Vinnie, do you mind if I pm you here and there if I'm having trouble?

Is it just me or is it ironic that a popular flourishing move shares the name with a famous woman who suffered from multiple personality disorder? I guess cards have 52 personalitys that we must manipulate.

Food for though I guess.. ha
Sharp

Sep 1, 2007
Los Angeles, California
Sorry vinnie, I don't have msn. Its coming along quite nicely actually. I looked on the flourish disc and I'm currently practicing tectonic verb. To me its easier then sybil. I already have XB, but most of that stuff was pretty much variations of charliers, which isn't bad its just I really want to get into flourishing, not xcm, if you guys know what I mean. Vinnie, do you mind if I pm you here and there if I'm having trouble?

XCM is flourishing...

Vinnie C.

cardistry moderator / t11
Aug 31, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
The 5 faces in the original of the sybil, but i know there is a continuous 4-packet version that I cannot find- where is it taught?

It was first published in the book "Out of Control/Totally Out of Control" (yes, this is one book) by Chris Kenner.

Did you watch all of disk one and disk two? There is only ONE Charlier section on there, and all of the other sections combined are WAY longer than the Charlier section. This isn't really a matter of opinion, it is a simple matter of fact that XB is not mostly Charliers, there is a lot of useful information on there, including: spreads, deck separations, one handed cuts, the one handed shuffle, an armspread, the spring, a huge fanning section, table cuts, a box opener, etc.

As for help, I am always willing to help. You can send me a private message with any problems that you have, and I will help you out.

-Vince

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results