Help with what to Buy

Mar 30, 2008
DC
Hey guys, I'm pretty new on the forums. I've had an account but haven't posted much until very recently. I just got $100 to spend and I'm thinking of spending it all at T11 t

I was wondering which tricks i should buy.

I've already told a friend I would buy him a Split Spades Lions deck because he bought me Centurions last time.

Other than that I have 93.05 to spend on whatever I want (shipping included).

So, what effects would really take my magic to the next level?

I already have Witness and it is a great trick, but right now I am interested in tricks that come with gimmicks.

Any suggestions?

EDIT:I am particularly looking for 5x5 books (Japan or Scotland), anyone know where I can get them other than ebay?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 4, 2007
Antioch,CA
You said that comes with gimmicks.

SOOOOOOOOOO

Digital Dissolve

STS

Rising card deck.

I'm sure you have some money left. SOOOOO.

Shadow masters, Blackghosts, Ceturions, Splitspades, Guardians, Bikes. Tally. s.

Dec 13, 2007
I'd go with the trilogy... it contains many great tricks, flourishes, and sleights (but it will take a lot of practice)

However if you are looking for gimmicks then i'd get distortion

I also really like believe.... its simple, powerful, impromptu, and not very difficult

but thats just from theory 11

I would expand my horizons if i were you... stigmata is such a great effect and it leaves such a great impression... i performed it for a family friend and she claims that i can do real magic... i haven't shown her another trick because it would let her down... thats how powerful the effect is, you will have people running and screaming

HOWEVER...MY NUMBER ONE SUGGESTION would be to get some books THE ART OF ASTONISHMENT is great... if you could cough up an extra 20 bucks i would get this a ellusionist... there's so many great effects and when i was beginning i found myself copying other peoples presentation so books is in my opinion the best way to learn... huge source of tricks and sleights, and at the same time it allows you to develop your own style and presentation

Mar 30, 2008
DC
Thanks, I already have Stigmata, the Art of Astonishment and the two of the three Trilogy discs, guess I should have mentioned that. Also, although I am new to the forums, I am not new to magic.

One of the main things I was wondering though, is where I could buy the 5x5 Japanese magic book.

Anyone know?

Thanks, I already have Stigmata, the Art of Astonishment and the two of the three Trilogy discs, guess I should have mentioned that. Also, although I am new to the forums, I am not new to magic.

One of the main things I was wondering though, is where I could buy the 5x5 Japanese magic book.

Anyone know?

What is the Publishing Company?

Dec 13, 2007

Anyone know?

wow... i just read your mind... damn i'm good

Sep 3, 2007
Europe

Anyone know?

I know I'm bringing an old post back from the dead, but you can purchase 5x5 Japan from www.penguinmagic.com. If you search, I have a pretty in-depth review for it here, or on the Penguin forums. Good luck!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results