Help

Dec 1, 2017
I have been doing magic for about 8 years now and am able to do complex slights and misdirection. The only thing is that lately ive been having trouble getting non reactive type people to get interested in my magic and react big. Thoughts?

JoshL8

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2017
WA state USA
It would help to know what effects, tricks, or routines you are performing, also hows your scripting? Otherwise you will get some generic advice like; try being personable, include the spectator in the trick, be interactive so they have an investment.

Dec 1, 2017
It would help to know what effects, tricks, or routines you are performing, also hows your scripting? Otherwise you will get some generic advice like; try being personable, include the spectator in the trick, be interactive so they have an investment.
I usually either do angle zero as my opener or just a standerd pick a card any card trick with better patter of course that leads me to finding their card under impossible conditions. I then move on to one of my favorite tricks, the 356879142 prediction trick and/or my take on a sandwich trick and/or ambistous card. And then usually end with either rsvp by shawn farquar or omni deck. I some times also throw in double cross instead of one of the middle tricks or even as an opener.

Jun 18, 2019
West Bengal, India
I have been doing magic for about 8 years now and am able to do complex slights and misdirection. The only thing is that lately ive been having trouble getting non reactive type people to get interested in my magic and react big. Thoughts?
Read Magic in Mind avaible in Vanishing Inc.

And understand that for some people, shouting is 'big', while for some people just staring dumbfounded is 'big'. Identify what you're making people feel, not how you're making them react. :)

If they ARE non-reactive as a part of their nature, you should honestly take any interjection, as soft as it might be, from them as a compliment XD

(Unless you take what we call the Jibrizy-Way here...that's not worthwhile, promise.)

Reactions: Antonio Diavolo
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results